“Delicious food - we came back twice!”
Review of Tai Chi - CLOSED

Tai Chi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We liked it so much that we had dinner here two nights during our stay at Orient Beach. We've eaten here in past years and it's always been one of our favorite meals. Pad Thai is very good as is the pork wok dish that I had. They have outdoor seating for the most part, but there are some tables "inside" which is really still open to the outside. Really a nice place with cool bathrooms. I wish I could elaborate a bit more on the food we ate, but we had a couple bottles of wine (since we were staying within walking distance) and I just don't remember the actual ordered items, except that we all thought they were sensational. I don't think one could go wrong with anything, food-wise.

The service is really solid but the only turn off I had was the first night our waitress implied that a tip should be added to the check, knowing we were Americans. We rounded up, as we usually do, but didn't add more than we should have. We did not have the same waitress on our second visit, nor did we have any implication that we needed to add tip to the bill. Having said that, it won't prevent us from returning again next year.

There are newer reviews for Tai Chi

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This place wasnt as busy as the other French style restaurants that surrounded TaiChi plus we wanted a change. Food better than average. We had spring rolls , my wife had Pad Thai (she loved it) and I had a sea food dish that was a little too mild for my tastes but still pretty good. They had sushi but we had recently had some so we passed. If staying in or near orient bay, and want a change from the numerous French restaurants. this isnt a bad choice

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Awesome place. The tempura rolls are unreal. We had one with crab and salmon (picture attached), and then one with lobster and some other stuff. Holy moly, one of the best meals I've had in forever. Also had a wahoo tartar appetizer that was soooo good (picture attached).

We ate here twice and wish we went more often during our 9 day stay up the street from the restaurant. Our friends ordered one of the sushi boats which was really nice. The drinks were pretty good too.

Mosquitoes - - Stop complaining about the mosquitoes. The restaurant can't help it. Wear bug spray and stop whining, or eat somewhere indoors. You should have DEET-based lotion on at all times, and you are advised to get a typhus vaccination as well as be up on your Hep-A. Why risk it?

Service - - Service was OK. It's not "American" service, you don't get that level of hand-holding anywhere in the Caribbean. Stop complaining about slow service, just relax !! If you want a fast meal in St Maarten go to McDonalds.

It's angering when American tourists go to a place like this and expect it to be just like America. People work at a different pace on St Maarten and in MOST other places on Earth. If you don't like it, then take your uptight and impatient whining family somewhere else.

Everything at Tai Chi was AWESOME and we'll definitely go back once we get back to St Maarten ! See attached pix.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We enjoyed dinner one night. The satay was excellent and our meals were good and solid in presentation and flavors. It was a nice break from the heavier French food.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

food quality and service very good, bathroom excellent (which is saying something for any restaurant on a french island!), nice atmosphere...except for the stray cats.