“Repeat visit”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Gulshan
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Par, England, United Kingdom
“Repeat visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We often go to the Gulshan for a family meal when my brother comes to visit and last night's meal didn't disappoint - tasty food, good service, friendly staff and with a recent refurb which gave more room what more could you ask for.

• Visited May 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice food, indifferent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We'd booked a table for five but this seemed to come as a surprise to the staff. We dealt with putting another chair on the end of a table for four but had to ask for cutlery etc as the waiter did not seem to pre-empt this need! However, the food was good and tasty, with substantial portions (one rice between two more than adequate). Once we had finished we sat for some while awaiting suggestion of coffee/pudding but no-one came near us so in the end we asked for the bill, paid and went.
Nice food, indifferent customer service, which is rather a shame.

Visited April 2014
Probus, United Kingdom
“Total crap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Ordered a lamb korma and keema nan, nan was just edible after I picked off the burnt bits and if that was lamb I'm the grand wizard of Umigumgum land.

• Visited April 2014
Truro, United Kingdom
“Top food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Started with poppadoms which came with seven different pickles, then had superb king prawn dansak. Service was very friendly, and recent refurb has lifted Gulshan to the top of my "must eat there" list.

• Visited February 2014
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“OK but poor attention to detail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Ordered a takeaway but the vegetable curry was left out of the order - I ordered a biryani. So my meal was spoiled and the only redress was a promise to give me a vegetable curry free next time! The food is good but the service needs improvement. I have even found the staff on the phone unable to recognise dishes that I have requested because they're unfamiliar with the menu.

Visited August 2013