All reviews next year nothing is too much trouble relaxing holiday honeymoon suite happy memories perfect hosts the home cooked food car hire friendly atmosphere small charge second week met some great people roda village olive groves walk into town apartment was clean evening entertainment
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Blue Gardens during the last week of May 2013, we were not disappointed, our apartment was spotlessly clean and a pleasant place to stay. The owners Elena and Adreas are both excellent hosts, attentive and very helpful.

I would definately recommend the Blue Gardens, it's a great place to stay for singles and families, a great location about 5-10 minutes from the beach of Roda and all its facilities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachflyer22
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Well yet again another fabulous weeks holiday at the blue gardens. Elena, Andreas and Marianthi are wonderful hosts and were really helpful in organising our vow renewal whilst on our holiday. Sadly I fell ill during my stay this year but was overwhelmed by the kindness and compassion I mean how many apartment owners would take time out of their busy day to come visit you in hospital and also bring your family members to visit too. I cannot thank you guys enough for what you did you are truly amazing people. See you in June next year x

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Just returned from two wonderful weeks at the Blue Gardens, we enjoyed Elenas home cooking, and Andeas breakfasts every day, The apartments are well kept and cleaned daily. Our hosts were very helpful in renting a car ,and as it was Greece Easter Time we all were invited to share a traditional Greek Easter Sunday Dinner, with Andreas ,Elena and Marianthi entertaining us with dancing,Fantastic. Blue Gardens is situated in lovely countryside ,5 min walk from Roda village, so pretty and relaxing we didn't want to come home as we were being too well looked after.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PamalecScot
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Last year I stayed for one week at the delightful Blue Gardens. The owners Elena, Andreas and of course the adorable Marianthi made me so welcome and at home that i felt that i became more than a guest and that i called Elena and Andreas my adopted Son and Daughter. They are truly lovely, helpful and caring.

As a lone traveler it can sometimes feel a little awkward but not here.

The accommodation was good and homely and i had a lovely balcony overlooking the pool. It was good to look across the pool to the dining/bar/lounging area. It was cleaned regularly and the beds had good mattresses on them.

It was about a 10 minute walk from the Village, beach and buses. So therefore it was an ideal location. Just far enough to be as quiet or as sociable as desired.

I could say much more but I think the fact that I am returning again in May and this time I will have my Sister with me, I hope that she falls in love with all that I did. It really is a little gem and I hope that it doesn't get spoilt. Thank you Elenea and Andreas you made me very happy and comfortable.

Good home cooking was available and nothing was too much trouble, you can ask for what you want and if possible it will be done. Gorgeous homemade, honest food and luxurious homemade Baklava and fruit waffles, yum yum.

I'm sure that anyone wanting a good honest Greek experience without all the noise and hassle of a big complex will come away with the happy memories that I have.

See you soon My Friends,

Rose

Room Tip: I had a low room as I have trouble with stairs. I faced onto the pool which had sun in the afternoon and in the evenings, perfect, and also I didn't feel isolated as a lone traveler can sometime feel Also felt very safe, very important
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ramblingrose377
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed at Blue Garden Apartments for eleven nights at the end of September 2012. Having visited at the end of the season the whole place was pretty much deserted so it was very quiet!

The apartments were an average size for what you pay for – twin beds, wardrobe, dresser and a separate bathroom and kitchen area with a mini-oven and sink. Plates, cups and cutlery are provided. If we wanted to spend more time at the hotel a bigger room would probably have been more desirable but as we only used it to sleep it wasn’t that much of an issue. The pool area was very peaceful and free sunbeds and umbrellas were always available. The pool itself was quite shallow, never reaching above our neckline so perfect for families. We saw it being cleaned regularly and there were balls and inflatables available for use. We stayed self-catering and only used the bar for lunchtime snacks if we were at the hotel, but these were always well made and service was quick. The maids visited the rooms every day and everything was very clean – no complaints there.

The hotel provides mosquito nets for a small weekly charge – I would highly recommend these as the first night we decided not to go for them and got bitten quite a lot! Along with the mosquitos, watch out for the wasps! They always seemed to be buzzing around and became quite a nuisance especially when sunbathing or eating! Another thing that I would comment on was that there seemed to be quite a few cats roaming around the grounds and sometimes we would find them wondering round our apartment, hiding under the bed, or meowing at our feet when we were eating, so be prepared to be accosted! Having said this, whenever Elena or Andreas saw the cats hassling the guests they were very quick to move them along.

To get to the town it is a ten minute walk downhill, but then there was always the worry of whether we would want to do the walk uphill in the pitch black at the end of the night so we hired a quad bike and this made getting around a lot easier. Make sure you haggle with the quad bike owners though as they will try to rip you off if they can! The main beach wasn’t to our liking so the quad bike was perfect for doing the 20min drive to Sidari beach. Upon our quad bike travels we also found a few secluded sandy beaches which were perfect. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the town at the bottom of the hill but again, be prepared to walk uphill in the dark if you’re out for the evening.

All in all Elena and Andreas were very friendly and would always go out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. On our final morning our coach arrived at around 8am but Andreas already had packed lunches waiting for us at the bar which was a nice touch. I would recommend Blue Garden Apartments for families and older generations but if you wanted something a little more lively then this probably wouldn’t be the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple