Elizabeth Apartments
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfantastic holidayself cateringnext yearyear after yearplenty of sunbedsgreek nighttwo weeksbar areabig poolair conwonderful familyfamily run apartmentsquiz nightgardens are beautifuldeep endnothing is too much troublefor making our holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We have just returned from a 10 day break at the Elizabeth Apartments. This is our 4th visit to Roda and 1st visit to these apartments. I have nothing negative to say at all about our stay and would definitely book here again. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. The room itself, clean and functional which is all you need. Lots of bed chairs available at any time of day. Gardens are well maintained. Pool and bar area lovely. Food very good. Ideal for couples or families. Please do not hesitate to book here as you wont be disappointed.

Helen, Costa, Olga and Dimitris than you for a superb holiday and see you next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank carbell
rodaelizabeth, Manager at Elizabeth Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you Carbell. Glad myself and the Elizabeth team fulfilled your holiday.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed end of June .Ideal for us as a couple. Not far from the beach. We had a lovely room with a view of the gardens and pool. All the staff where very friendly and helpful. Plenty going on at the bar in the evenings . Would recommend to families. Would not hesitate to go back in the future.

Room Tip: We had a room looking over the gardens which was very pleasant. We had a bedroom upstairs with plenty of space. Also we had two balconies.
3  Thank 631Jan
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Had a great two weeks at the Elizabeth, last two weeks in June. Apartments and grounds spotless. Nothing too much trouble for any of the staff from owners to cleaners. Smashing pool and bar area with no shortage of sunbeds. Bar open until early hours and well used with no noise reaching the apartments. Centre of Roda ane beach 5 minutes walk away (area very flat). Would recommend these apartments to coulples and familys alike.

3  Thank 186364Anne
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed here first week in June and really enjoyed our stay, excellent location and Helen and Costa are very good hosts, nothing to much trouble. Would recommend to anyone lovely location seems like you in the middle of nowhere but in fact only a few minutes from the main town. Great pool with lovely surroundings and more than enough sun beds, great bar and food. We will come again, soon!

2  Thank alexandtom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I, along with our 3 yr. old daughter stayed here for 10 days at the start of June. Overall, we were delighted, and would have no hesitation in 1. Recommending these apartments to anyone else and 2. Returning there for a second time. I can honestly say that I am not sure how you can mark these apartments down – at the very worst they deserve 4*. Clearly though other holiday makers have had issues. Notwithstanding, there are a couple of areas where I think the apartments could be improved upon (I am a perfectionist!).

The apartments themselves are down a dusty track, and sort of hidden away from the main town of Roda. This is fab as you have a real authentic feel on arrival. You then literally have 5 mins to walk in to Roda town itself, where there are a number of taverna’s and bars. Let me be clear, these apartments are rated as 3* by Thompson, and its 3* you are getting. The room we had was basic, but it met our needs. We normally only ever sleep in the apartments themselves, as we take full advantage of any trips or sightseeing the holiday has to offer. There were a couple of bedrooms in our apartment, bathroom, fridge, and basic cooking facilities. Air conditioning was provided at a cost – as well as the safety deposit box (5 euros each week for the safety deposit box, not sure about the air con). It would have been nice if the safety deposit box was free of charge. 5 euros is not a vast amount of money – but then why ask for such a small amount? I would not have noticed if this had been added on to my total holiday cost and it would have impressed me that the service was being provided “free” of charge”. My wife thought the bedding and towels, albeit clean, were not the “whitest” we have ever seen. My wife is particular about bedding and she thought they could do with a change i.e. some brand new ones. The towels were a tad thin…so much so that I inadvertently ripped on my second night. Bedding is changed once weekly, towels twice weekly. You have a maid five days out of seven – I would have preferred this daily. All in all though, they were clean and did the job that we wanted. Please though bear in mind, this is not the Ritz! Interestingly we paid an extra 25 euros for a late check out on our last day. We were sent to the annex and these apartments were superb – bedding and towels were top quality! Helen and Costos who own the apartments will do whatever they can to make your holiday most enjoyable. Both were welcoming and friendly to everyone on the complex.

Outside the apartments there is a pool, small games area and bar – delightful. Loads and loads of sunbeds, music, and the grounds are very well attended to. There you can relax as long as you want. The bar is plentiful with a good range of drinks. I would recommend Mythos – a traditional Greek beer. Food is available from 9 in the morning till late at night. We did have several meals and we were very pleased. The food was all home cooked, prepared fresh, and served in a relatively short period of time. I’ll be honest, it’s not the cheapest food. The breakfast was just over 6 euros. In Roda town itself, we could have the same breakfast for 3 euros. However, convenience was more important. You could get up, walk 30 yards and sit down for a breakfast. Highly recommended – there is a Greek night each Thursday. The cost is 13 euros each – my wife and I, and our daughter, had a fab time. The food was plentiful, great atmosphere, and the Greek dancers were great! Please be warned – they will get you up and dancing – great fun.

Roda town itself is a fab place. Small enough to retain a Greek authentic feel, but big enough to give you plenty of choice. You can walk the whole town in a hr. or so. There must be at least a dozen if not more taverna’s. We did not particularly have a favourite – all seemed pretty much ok. Naturally the ones on the front nearest the sea seemed to be the busiest, but I would strongly recommend you have a walk around. There were a couple of excellent and cheap taverna’s on the back street. My wife and I were paying around 30-35 euros for a starter and main, inc drinks and a meal for our daughter. Most of the taverna’s were pretty much the same. From Roda town, you can go anywhere you want. There is an excellent local travel agent called NSK travel. We booked several trips and we had no problems at all. One trip being to Albania – highly recommended.

Overall, we rated this holiday as one of the best we have ever been on. Having visited a number of the Greek islands, Corfu is very much in our top three – possibly top. Staying at the Elizabeth apartments was a joy, and this made our holiday that bit more special.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family