All reviews greek night next year superior room overlooking the sea lovely hotel air con tea bags sea front half board bbq night souvlaki thomas cook every member of staff cold meats hotel restaurant family room great holiday
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Judging by the glowing reviews for the Coral you would have thought I was reviewing another hotel, sadly I'm not. Just returned from a week’s stay and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.
From the moment I pulled up with the coach to see the half built building next door and the fact there isn't a beach in front of the hotel as the official pictures look to indicate but a shear drop into the sea, I felt mislaid.The welcome was ok and having been shown to my room first impressions seemed well, I settled in looking forward to the week.
The room looked quite new as other people have said, but I noticed it felt damp and as the weather went downhill through the week, it got worse. I was badly bitten by mosquitoes throughout the stay despite using a plug-in repellent,not sure if this was due to the rain or the surrounding neighbours farm..
Turning up for breakfast the first morning it was a big shock for me in the quality of food & very poor choice.The coffee/tea was awful the marmalade had not taste what so ever and I ended going out and buying better quality tea bags.
I had paid for the half board tariff and to be honest wish I hadn’t, the choice was very limited and I found out later in the week that the hotel was closing at the weekend for end of season, I guess they were using up what was left in the kitchen.
On a positive note nearly all the staff were friendly and helpful except for whom I believe was the owner, I came to experience his bad manners mid week when I was sat in the hotel lobby area quietly reading a book, he came over disturbing me whilst I was reading and said I was sitting in his chair and if I could move..Now there was no indication to guests that this was his place and I felt he was very rude to ask a paying guest to shoo,shoo away.
I would agree with others that the cocktails were of a good standard and the cleanliness in the areas of the hotel apart from my room was good,but for me these things don't make up basic failings in the hotel ie the lack of upkeep in cleaning my room, the floor was never mopped or swept all week, neither the bathroom cleaned and I had to ask for clean towels which I got once;the poor breakfast and lack of choice of evening meal and just the feeling they had "given up" for the year and couldn't wait to shut up shop.Maybe other people expectations were different but for me basics such as mentioned above felt lacking and why I have given it a poor rating.

Room Tip: Had a room at the back of the hotel which had a poor view,suggest a upgrade to one of the rooms at the front if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Vodaboy
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Coral Hotel, Road is in a lovely position overlooking the sea. The reception areas and bar and restaurant are first class. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. The prices in the restaurant are no more expensive than basic restaurants but the food is fabulous. We stayed in a basic twin room which was adequate and it had a kettle which was an added bonus. The air conditioning and fridge cost extra but we didn't need air con as the weather wasn't over hot in Sept 2013 when we stayed. The swimming pool area was OK but seemed smaller than it looked on photos but as the beach was near by we didn't use the pool.

Room Tip: Some tour operators offer superior rooms for additional price and it is my advice that it may be worth paying this as the air con and fridge are included in the price so no extra to pay and the superior rooms are reported to be very nice. But if all you want is a room to sleep in then the basic rooms are adequate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 9 October 2013

What a fantastic place to stay! Beautiful location literally next to the sea, lovely hotel, friendly, welcoming and very helpful staff who can't do enough for you. The food is good, breakfast typical continental and if you decide to have a meal in the evening there is either the a la carte menu or the three course daily special.
We went for the second time at the beginning of October and it appears that many people return again and again. I thoroughly recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back at some point!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 776Anne776
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Year upon year we go back and it gets better and better, such a happy place to be. Dimitris and his staff are so welcoming and helpful cannot do enough for guests. Thassos who works the bar on an evening makes the best Cocktails ever and the Strawberry Daiquiris are delicious. Four Seasons Pizzas are so yummy too, we don't normally eat Pizzas at home so have a treat when we visit the Coral. Sunday evening is BBQ Night so much wonderful meats and salads to try, one thing we must say go on a diet before you stay because when you get home you definitely will have put weight on (unless you are one of the lucky ones), but it's worth it, just enjoy!!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter and the views are of mountains and forests. The rooms at the front can be a little nosier on an evening as this is where the bar is situated, but the sea views are breath taking, and double glazed doors help.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night in September and thought it was very nice. The accommodation is modern and clean. The room was well appointed and the en suite functioned exceptionally well. Nice views out to sea from the pretty bar terrace and a well cared for pool area. The owner and his family obviously take a pride in the service they provide and this is why people return regularly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple