“JULY 2013 Avoid that hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Beach Hotel

Silver Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Roda
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“JULY 2013 Avoid that hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have take only B+B and hoping that the breakfast will be taste.
There was nothing like english breakfast there, realy cheep food and tasteless Example: fried potates, scrambled eggs with flour - look ugly, cheepest mortadella, chease, little portions of fruts - dont look fresh, fried bread with egg, boiled eggs, corn flakes - cheap.
HOTEL - you have to pay 3 € per day for very small fridge in your small room, wi-fi its 5 € per day and works only in lobby. There is always no one in reception where you have to leave room key everytime when you leaving property UNSAFE. On reception where most of the time there in nobody you can see people passports (when you arrive you have to leave it for one day). Somebody from outside can easly come in and still things from reception or take key and go to your room - UNSAFE.
ROOM - very small I had have view to neighboring pool and hotel, stink from very small bathroom after you take a shower - water stays on the floor. When you open balcony door there is a noise from some kind of generators. Very small hotel swimming pool. And lots of mosquitoes. ROOM No 16. I do not recommend.

Room Tip: Very poor hotel for very poor people. AVOID
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed here recently and we were surprised considering some of the comments made. We only used the hotel as a base and found that it was adequate for that purpose. It was clean and quiet, the only complaint is that they could have given the maids dusters. It was on a par with what to expect in Greece.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pa1959
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel is in a great location, and is well presented from the outside, the reception and bar area are very pleasant and relaxing with many sofas to relax on. The corridors are very clean and bright but the rooms are quite basic but clean and have everything you need however I would recommend the use of the air con that costs an extra 5 euro to use. I also would recommend asking for a pool view room.

The pool area is great and has lots of sun beds and sofas to relax on and take in the rays or hide in the shade. The pool is a good size and clean and children seem to be having a ball using the pool facilities during my stay. There is an outside bar in the pool area with one of the best barmen in Corfu, who is very friendly and spoke very good English. He looked after my family and I very well during our stay and gave us good and useful advice on Corfu. He also pulls a great pint of Greek Mythos larger that is very cheap and refreshing. They also serve to your sun lounger as well!!

The hotel staff are very pleasant and polite and are willing to help if any need.
I would defiantly look forward to staying at the silver beach hotel again in the future as we had a one of our best family holidays there.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room if possible and try the beer at the hotel bar!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Ben L
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed with my family at the silver beach hotel this June. We had a wonderful time, the facilities are beautiful, the rooms are cozy and the staff is very friendly. The buffet has a large variety of foods both for breakfast and for dinner even for picky eaters like my husband. My daughter really loved the water slide that they have at the pool, she had an amazing time and still talks about it. To anyone who wants to visit Roda I would definately recommend the silver beach hotel

Room Tip: ask for poolside view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Betty c
EXETER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have to start with the bathroom. I am a regular visitor to Greece so I know what to expect. This hotel falls well short of that. An open drain vent in the floor absolutely stunk. Bleach took the edge off for a couple of days hence three bottles were required to get us through the week. The shower curtain was mouldy, the shower was dirty and the flow was no more than a trickle. The wash basin taps were crusted in scale. Simply the dirtiest bathroom I have ever seen whilst on holiday.

The beds were not comfortable and the bedding was never changed all week.

Towels were changed once.

The air conditioning was an extra but that DID work quite well.

The table on the balcony had a leg missing.

The walls are paper thin. So thin that it sounded as though people were actually peeing in your room rather than their own.

I told Bath Travel Agents in Budleigh Salterton that money was not a consideration and they booked us into this dump so not only would I give Silver Beach a wide berth I would also suggest the same with Bath Travel.

The receptionist was pleasant and the public spaces are acceptable but this hotel is ridiculed by the locals when you get talking to them.

We never sampled the food, mercifully.

To cap a terrible experience my wife got very serious food poisoning on the last night of our stay.

Indeed food poisoning is a regular feature of the trip advisor reports and unfortunately we did not manage to miss it.

The location is very convenient but the 'Hogg Robinson Best Small Hotel in Greece 1985' cup at reception unsurprisingly appears to be the only award bestowed upon the premises.

It may well have been decent in 1985 but it needs renovating and scrubbing before I could recommend this dump to anyone.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel there arent any. and dont be fooled by some of the pictures on the internet b...
7 Thank martyn s

Travellers are raving about these Roda hotels

Vilnius, Lithuania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

except one bartender in the bar, the service was totally terrible, food was only fat and it was toxic....never go there...In general Roda town was not bad, but urgently choose another place for staying if you dont't want't damaged vacation.

Room Tip: location in the Roda is good
5 Thank Rokas_D
Penrith, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We booked this Hotel on a Halfboard Bases, the room was very basic the beds were hard, toast for breakfast was eatable but we only stayed for a couple of evening meals until I was really ill, on the third day, we never attempted to eat in the hotel again, I honestly don't know how they could make food so bad, we ate at the Italian at the end of the road, I'm still not 100 %, I wish we'd read the reviews before we'd booked, Bed and Breakfast is managable but halfboard is a NO NO

Room Tip: If you have to book this hotel don't waste your money on the food
5 Thank benben53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roda
Pegasus Hotel
#2 of 14 in Kavos
Popi Star
Popi Star
#15 of 17 in Gouvia

Been to Silver Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!