“A Perfect Holiday!”

Roda Oasis Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Roda
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for the first 2 weeks of August and it was a perfect 2 weeks!

The hotel is run by a small and very dedicated team. Nothing was too much trouble. The apartments were spotless and the housekeeping staff did a fantastic job with great attention to detail, even putting my PJ's under the pillows after they made the bed! I read about the apartment that overlooked the car wash and we had that apartment but the car wash was not an issue! It was closed when we sat on out balcony in the early evening and the views from there overshadowed a small building which you may see out of the corner of your eye.

The pool area and gardens were also kept to the highest standard and there was never a scramble for beds, they have ensured there are plenty for everyone. Jackie and Dora do a great job looking after you throughout the day and night and you didn't need to get up for a drink. I did a few times but that's only because I wanted some shade.

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment with breakfast. It was continental which was fine for me but I paid for the boys to have a cook. Again, the catered for your needs and you could have anything! We did not eat in the hotel every night as we like to explore the local area too but we always returned for a nightcap and our boys had their chocolate fudge cake!

The Greek night is a must! A great way to meet guests and just have a good giggle! The wine flows!

We had a great time, met some fantastic people and Kostas, Nikos and their gorgeous families and extended family (the staff) ensure you have the perfect break.

Its the little things that go a long way! Thank you!! We will be back and have recommended you!!

Room Tip: Any room as they are all of a high standard.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon R

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned after a fabulous time at the Roda Oasis, we can not rate this hotel high enough. We where half board, the food was excellent although we did opt for a full English each day .The room and pool area are spotless Costa ,Nikos and wives, Dora and Jackie could not do enough to ensure that your holiday was special .Greek night is a must enabling you to meet other guests and having a good laugh at the same time .A 10minute walk took you into Roda, where there are restaurants and bars although we never tried the restaurants, which l have to say is a first for us . We loved the quizzes, bingo and atmosphere, on a night in the bar. A big thank you to you all, we hope to be back soon xx

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yvonnesquid
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Waste of money. Disgustingly rude staff. Food terrible. Overpriced and dirty. They are so offensive if u try and give constructive criticism. They personally put you down rather then try and make it right. Poor service and poor people skills.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank kickemout
RodaOasis, General Manager at Roda Oasis Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear valued guests,
I really do have strong believes that the people that wrote the above comments have never stayed at the hotel. They just want to create problems & downgrade the high values & standards of the Complex. It is really bad that they are using the useful tools of Trip Advisor to pass wrong & misleading information!
We, as a team, will continue to do our jobs oferring high standard rates.
All the Valued Guests that they have stayed at the Complex all the previous 28 years & all the Future guests can read through the lines & see all the previous 80% of high valued scores.
Please notice that our eager for High Standards will not be stopped in any way!
Thank you!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent hotel. Extremely clean. The managers Nikos and Costas were so welcoming.
Jackie and Dora were also lovely. Best holiday we have ever had, so much so that we've already booked for next summer. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!
Nice mixture of families and couples. Great location. Would recommend a taxi transfer though due to location from airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank briony1175
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just returned from a nice relaxing holiday at the Roda Oasis. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as my experiences there were only good. The staff headed by Costas, Nikos and their wives were very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. Dora looked after breakfasts and the pool area and Jackie was responsible for the evening duties of dinner / drinks.
Very nice friendly people who treated us as friends and not just punters on holiday.

Accomodation is spotless with rooms which are large enough and comfortable for a two week holiday. Our verandah looked out over the immaculately kept garden. The toilet was small but adequate for our needs, we even had a shower curtain which is a novelty for greek appart/hotels.

The pool area is also spotless and well kept and you could always get at sunbed at all times of the day. We prefer the beach but enjoyed a couple of days at the pool.

Meals were good with breakfast consisting of the usual continental fayre but for four euros you could get a large 'English' which was very filling and set you up for the day ahead.
Evening meals always had a choice of starters, mains and dessert. Food quality was excellent with large portions and a variety of Greek cuisine, my only criticism was that they served chips too often. Having said that you could always get rice as a substitute. You could always order something else if you didn't like any of the set meal dishes.

The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the village which is about a twenty minute saunter away. The beach there is good with a narrow sandy area along the whole of the village. The sea is very shallow for a long way out and would be very suitable for children. There are numerous tavernas along the village most with their own covered eating/drinking areas as well as sunbeds and brollies. We particularyl liked the Skouna bar/cafe which had a nice ambience along with excellent food / drink. You even got a discount from your food if you used their sunbeds [7 euros per day for two beds & a brolly]

All in all a nice pleasant friendly place to spend a holiday in the sunshine.

Tom & Phamie

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WeeTam51
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have just got back from a fortnight self catering at The Roda Oasis with my husband, daughter, aged 7 and son, aged 4. We liked Roda very much, and loved Corfu, but what really made this holiday for us was the friendliness of all the staff and their families. Kostas and Nikos, and their wives and children were a pleasure to be around. We have never received such a warm welcome at a hotel before, and all felt like we had made friends who we were very sorry to leave.

I guess there are other things more interesting to find out about from a review though. We spent a lot of time around the pool which we found relatively quiet and most days ate lunch from the bar which was always nice. Dora who asks you if you need anything from the bar during the day, means the only reason you need to get up off your sunbed is to take a dip in the pool when you get too hot! I personally found Dora lovely and friendly.

We were in room 44, a fab 2 bedroom apartment. We had 2 balconies and 2 big bedrooms. The kitchen was small, but I refuse to cook on holiday anyway, so was adequate for us. I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the room and watched with amazement from the pool how thorough they were cleaning our balcony even! Rooms are cleaned and new towels provided 6 days a week.

On an evening there is usually a quiz and occasionally bingo or karaoke. We did the quiz a few times, and although sometimes we felt like the questions were going to go on til the next morning, had such a laugh! On an evening Jackie takes over looking after everyone, checking you have everything you need. She is a very interesting lady to talk to and made me giggle.

The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the beach and main bars and restaurants. The first part of the walk is on a main road with no real paths. The man in the supermarket over the road is lovely and friendly and taught the kids and I some Greek.

As I said at the start the staff made this holiday for us. I got a sea urchin stuck in my foot when we went to Sidari beach. (If you go to Sidari I'd suggest being careful as the sea is quite murky so you can't see the seabed, and don't walk on any rocks in the sea there!) Kostas called the doctor for me and every member of staff asked me every day how my foot was and gave me more sympathy than my husband did!

We tend to not go back to the same place again but would have no reservations about recommending the Roda Oasis to family and friends and if we do decide to return to somewhere we've been before, there's a good chance it will the there. Thank you Kostas and Nikos, Suzette, Paul, Yasmin and Lucas x

Room Tip: Room 44 has a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and as a bonus a 2nd balcony out back. It has 2 s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank scholey78
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at the Roda Oasis with my daughter, son in law and two grand children aged 4 and 10. We had 2 rooms. Mine was downstairs no 15 and theirs was upstairs. We arrived very late after 12 at night but were made very welcome by Costas, one of the brothers who run the hotel. We were shown to our rooms and asked to return to the bar for drinks and snacks if we wanted. The room was very clean. Towels and bedding changed frequently. There were a few problems with the toilet flushing system but when reported it was fixed immediately. The pool area was extremely clean and there were no problems getting sun beds. Although there were always some reserved with towels on them and sometimes hardly used and guess what, not a German in sight. You are not supposed to bring your own food and drink to the pool with the result you find yourself spending a lot of money on drinks, lunch, ice creams, crisps during the day especially with kids. Dora, one of the staff continually walks round the pool area asking people if they want anything. She is very nice but it sometimes got a bit annoying. All drinks at the pool were served in glasses, even the kid's drinks which resulted in a good few smashed glasses. If I was to make a suggestion to Hotel Management, use plastic glasses around the pool area.
We stayed on a Bed and Breakfast basis. The continental breakfast was adequate, 2 slices of toast a small croissant and jam and butter. Tea or coffee. You could ask for a full English at extra cost (4 euros) you could also ask for serial, joghurt etc. I don't know if that was extra as we didn't ask for it.
Be prepared for extra costs when you are staying on a B &B basis. You pay extra for fridge, air con, kettle etc. I got a fridge for 14 days and it cost me 40 euros.
All over the place was very welcoming and a pleasure to stay at.
One word of warning though if you are travelling with Thomson. I'm not sure if this is a thomson exclusive place. We flew from Aberdeen with an airline called germania which was very good. When you are being picked up with Thomson on the way back to the airport you are made to wait outside the airport in a line to wait for your check in desk. We ordered a taxi for 5 of us, left an hour later than the bus and still got there before the bus avoiding the queues. Watching what Thomson did to their customers it looked like hoarding them. One holiday party before us ordered a taxi and was told by Costas not to join the queue but to go straight to check in desk ( which is what we did) to which the Thomson Rep replied he shouldn't say that, I will have a word with him.
All over this was a very nice place to stay and thank you to Costas, Nicos, Helena, Dora and Jackie for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bettina W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roda
Pegasus Hotel
#2 of 9 in Perama
Roda Beach Resort & Spa
Roda Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Karousades

Been to Roda Oasis Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!