“Brilliant holiday in rural Spain”
other travellers have booked this property
Private Garden and and extra outdoor kitchen with 2nd cooker Sunrise
Private Garden and and extra outdoor kitchen with 2nd cooker
Sunrise
View over Guadalest Valley
View of Abdet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Deborah O
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Brilliant holiday in rural Spain”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We used Abdet as a base for a week of cycling in the Spanish mountains. The scenery was beautiful and accommodation brilliant - not a bad word could be said! I would definitely recommend the accommodation and location to anyone looking for an outdoor holiday in the sun.

Thornlea1
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Spectacular views in a relaxing environment”
Reviewed 7 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My husband and I had a fantastic week in Abdet trail running organised by Tom and Penny in March. Each day Tom navigated us up and across the most incredibly scenic mountain ranges near Guadalest where the views across the valleys were spectacular. We had terrific weather and were lucky enough to be with a great bunch of people. Each day breakfast was provided, we helped ourselves to packed lunches and in the evenings we enjoyed homemade three course dinners cooked by Tom and Penny, then afterwards looked back on the days adventures whilst enjoying a well-earned drink.

Abdet is a great location for an activity holiday or for just relaxing, it’s a wonderfully quiet rural village surrounded by almond and orange groves. The accommodation was comfortable and clean, we had a double room with en-suite and if you fancy self-catering, the facilities were excellent. There is also the added benefit of having private patios to relax and enjoy the sunshine and lovely sunsets.

Thanks to Tom and Penny for a great holiday (and for the afternoon tea!)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Karen G
“Fabulous experience!”
Reviewed 1 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Stayed here as part of an organised trail and mountain running week in March. Had a fantastic time from start to finish with fabulous weather, great company, awesome scenery & incredible views! Tom & Penny were a great team on the hosting front, with delicious home cooked meals each night & freshly baked scones on the terrace after running! Toms knowledge of both the local history & running routes made for consistenty highly enjoyable days out and I would recommend this holiday experience to everyone!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Fabulous terrace with awesome view!
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Graham H
Lanzarote, Spain
“Great food, great cycling, Tom is an excellent host”
person found this review helpful

I thought I knew the host, Tom, before we went to Abdet as he is a member of our COLT Triathlon Club. However, the whole trip was quite a surprise for me. I hadn't realised that this cycling trip has all meals (and beer and wine in the evening) included in the price and more surprising was that ALL the food was cooked by Tom himself and was really exceptional quality (and Quantity....I think I put on weight despite cycling over 500km up lots of hills that week!)
Tom's place in Abdet is a real Gem, beautiful view of mountains and in the distance the sea, from his rooftop pateau....where Tom brought us tea and home made cakes (very yummy ones) each day after our long rides...also led by Tom, I don't know how he has the energy to ride and then cook, but he does, so well done Tom I will be visiting again, with my bicycle.

Paul T
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent base for cycling week”
person found this review helpful

Really good weeks cycling, quiet roads, excellent scenery, smooth tarmac. Clocked up 600K in 6 days. Tom cooked some excellent meals and plenty of it! comfortable house. Package came with breakfast and packed lunch all wholesome food! Tom knows his way around the areas roads like the back of his hand. Seems he might know about the paths / trails and rock climbs equally well. Thoroughly recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: access to the roads and great food
Liked least: air temperature was unseasonably cold
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
AmieMc_87
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“A great place, fabulous views, plenty to do, not far to the nearest village and towns. plenty of history too.”
Reviewed 31 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Just got back from a busy week road cycling in Abdet, with Thomas Philips and 4 others. The routes that Thomas took us on had fabulous views, alot of hill climbing which helped me alot, at gaining strength to tackle them. company was great, we did have the lucky option of Thomas catering a 3 course meal every night when we got back home, which i can not fault at all , the food was amazing, and plenty of it to. plus we also got breakfast and lunch to take with us.
the house we stayed in was very clean and well looked after. I will be back next year for another great training week. Thanks Thomas

Your age range 25-34
SimonaFra...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Shangri-la in the Costa Blanca mountains”
Reviewed 12 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I traveled with my partner and some friends to stay in Abdet as it was convenient for the start of a mountain race being held in Finestrat. The accommodation is in a traditional house in the centre of Abdet and our bedroom (as well as the rooftop terrace) had a fantastic view up the valley towards the coast. Tom, our host, looked after us extremely well (his cooking is excellent), and his knowledge of the area, as well as his huge running experience, proved very helpful when running the race. On leaving the property after the 5 day stay, I was already checking my calendar for when I can next go and stay.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;