“what a fabulous stay we had with very friendly and welcoming hosts.”
Review of Newton Farmhouse

and 1 more site!
Newton Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 3 Whiteparish B&B and Inns
Colchester, United Kingdom
“what a fabulous stay we had with very friendly and welcoming hosts.”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Do yourself a favor and try this BB you will not look back...

.... WE WILL GO BACK...... 100% IN EVERY WAY.
Could not fault this bb in anyway.Would give it an extra star in fact.
So friendly and helpful hosts, breakfast is the best we have had by far with so much choice. Rooms are romantic 4 poster beds which are so clean with everything your need for your stay. We booked two nights here at the end of Jan 2011. well worth the money...
Denis and Michelle Hubble

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our short break, with one other couple at Newton Farmhouse. There is a happy atmosphere, the location is good and rooms lovely. Lizzie and family and staff are so friendly and effortlessly make you feel at home. The food is excellent too. I mentioned I wanted to write some Christmas cards and immediately the fire was stoked up in a comfy sitting room and coffee and homemade biscuits provided, without needing to ask! We hoped for a comfortable and relaxing break and this was exactly what we achieved! We'll definitely make time for a return trip.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Market Weighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I was searching for a romantic getaway for my partner and I in the run up to Xmas, and found the Newton farmhouse by searching for four-poster beds on the enjoyengland website. I specifically asked for the Trafalgar room which is definitely the grandest and most romantic.

The price had seemed a little over-indulgent at first, but on arrival we were welcomed by David, Lizzie, Poppy and Guiness, and when we were shown to our room I realised it was worth every penny! That feeling didn't end when we were treated to a lavish home cooked breakfast in the morning sun in the conservatory. Not only that, the night we stayed there had been a foot of snowfall, and some of the other guests were struggling to meet their arrangements for the day, and Lizzie and David could not have been more obliging, offering alternative directions and lifts in some cases! You couldn't ask for more gracious hosting, and you would certainly never see that in a hotel!

My partner and I loved our stay. It was very conveniently located with the New Forest on your doorstep, very clean and supremely comfortable. We even took a sneaky peak at the other rooms on the day we left, and whilst the Trafalgar was definitely the most luxurious, there wasn't much in it - all had very similar tasteful fittings, and I think every one had a four poster bed. I can highly recommend this wonderful farmhouse retreat for any purpose, but especially if like us you are simply looking to get away from everything for a day or two. We will most certainly be back in the New Year!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, England
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I travel widely through the UK and prefer to stay in more local friendly B&Bs than large hotels, so I have experienced many different places throughout the UK. I have to say that David & Lizzie and their staff are the most welcoming, thoughtful and friendly hosts I have met. The farmhouse is very close to Salisbury but also very rural. David & Lizzie have a large field with sheep, hens and three newly aquired Alpacas. The standard of the accomodation is quintessential country farmhouse but to a five star standard. There is a lovely selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, seeds, pastries and local produce full English cooked breakfast. The rooms all have a full range of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, horlicks, biscuits and bottled water. The beds are sumptuously comfortable with lovely thick feather duvets and feather pillows and top quality linen. I stayed in the Trafalgar room - which is like a suite! It is a large bedroom with a large sofa and four poster bed, huge built in wardrobe, small vestibule, large separate toilet and large spacious bathroom - all top quality fittings and an excellent powerful shower. Although I was on buisness it felt like a holiday!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I've stayed at Newton Farmhouse several times now - and finally I'm getting round to writing a review! (Sorry Lizzie and David!) What a wonderful place to stay - an ideal location for Salisbury and Wiltshire to the north, and the New Forest and the coast to the south. The immediate surroundings are well worth exploring too - we've done a lovely walk near Downton (great pubs there too), and the walk from the guesthouse to Whiteparish is well worth doing as well (and more great pubs).
You're treated like long-lost friends or one of the family - I've never had a warmer welcome. We've only ever stayed in one room - the former garden room C, now converted into a swish suite, which is really lovely (if a little indulgent). It means you get your own private entrance, and a beautiful view straight out into Lizzie and David's lovely garden. Great to wake up to in the mornings.
I think the main reason we keep going back to Newton Farmhouse is the breakfast! In fact, it's the fruit salad and the huge dish of yoghurt and berries that's there each morning. Delicious. Of course, the full cooked breakfast is great as well. And the selection of cakes and pastries... And everything else!
It's a really lovely, warm, welcoming, peaceful place to stay, with plenty to do nearby and also a great place to go and unwind a bit. The dogs are a joy (hilarious). Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Ideally located to discover the New Forest or the hidden gems of Wiltshire, this bed and breakfast deserves all the heaps of praise it is receiving. Lizzie and David are such welcoming hosts, the breakfast is fantastic and the rooms are classy and so comfortable.
We have been there 5 times and every time has been a pure pleasure. I can't wait for next time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2010

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in this B&B. The owners David & Lizzie were very welcoming and David really helpful with ideas on places to visit and directions! The cleanliness was excellent. The location was ideal for the New Forest, pretty villages , Salisbury and many other areas to explore!
The B&B was just set back from a busy road but the road noise was not too excessive and the house was well hidden from the road.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteparish
Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel
#1 of 2 in Burley
Cypress Log Cabins
Cypress Log Cabins
#1 of 14 in Fordingbridge

Been to Newton Farmhouse? Share your experiences!