An extremely beautiful site however rife with problems none of which the staff ever addressed after repeated requests
I travelled with a group of 15. Mine was the only room not ready upon arrival.
After waiting over an hour I was given the keys. Immediately upon entering it was clearly visible that the sheets comforter and pillowcase of the one bed were covered in yellow stains of some sort. I asked for fresh coverings and was actually refused
At dinner, i actually preplaced my order 4 hours ahead as we were a group of 15 and all wished to eat together. I was not served for 90 minutes after every one else was served--- even after approaching the staff to complain twice
Clearly my dinner was forgotten. When received it was cold and smothered with soy sauce-- virtually inedible and bearing little resemblance to the same dishes ordered by others in our group. No apology for the delay and no offer of even a drink while waiting
The room had supplies to make coffee but no coffee pot/kettle. In the morning when I realized this i advised the staff. I was simply given a coffee at the restaurant (and charged for it)
In summary it is a beautiful site but run by staff who clearly don't care about keeping guests happy. To be avoided
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sepilok Forest Edge Resort comprise of beautiful village style chalets which is surrounded by lush green surroundings and hills as a backdrop which further embraces the amazing view. Several types of chalets are available to cater to your needs, starting from the standard chalet for a superb value lodging to the Family chalet for a worry free family outing. The superior chalet is also available for those who requires some extra pampering. The Long House (LBB )consists of several rooms which are also available for those who want to experience lodging with a difference. Labuk Bed & Breakfast (LBB) is the premiere lodging spot for backpackers, nature enthusiasts or families that are just looking for a retreat with nature. LBB has received recommendations by Lonely Planet as well as various other travel guides over the course of its 15 years heritage. LBB has since moved from jalan labuk, Mile 14 to its new location: which is just a 10 minutes walk to the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sepilok Forest Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Forest Edge Hotel Sepilok
- Sepilok Forest Edge Sandakan
- Sepilok Forest Edge Resort Sandakan Division