Rooms are timber semi-detached cabins on stilts with air-con and fan, no flash extras just comfortable beds with clean crisp cotton sheets and a stylish yet very practical mosquito net. We had a private outdoor bathroom with a great shower, stone floor and a wok converted into a sink.
There is an indoor/outdoor open air simple bar restaurant which serves excellent cheap food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The retreat is on the edge of a park close to Sepilok and is very green with plenty of places to relax - big cushions and hanging wicker chairs. The design is simple using basic materials but they've created a great ambience.
The staff are friendly and efficient, able to help with all transport and enquiries. There is an internet terminal and wi-fi. It's 15 minutes from the airport, 5 minutes from Sepilok, 30 minutes from Labuk Bay and 30 minutes from the centre of Sandakan town. The management offer free fixed time lifts to and from Sepilok.
Unless you want to go partying in Sandakan every night, stay here, as the main attractions are handy, you can eat well and chill out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paganakan Dii is the perfect retreat to experience Nature in its most serene and natural state. Built on a site high above the surrounding foliage, the combination of cool longhouses and cosy duplex chalets makes for an experience worth a thousand images. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat Hotel Sepilok
- Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat Sepilok, Sandakan Division