We stayed for 6 nights with our young family, and we think this place is just wonderful. Anton and his team have created something very special indeed.
We had a private room (duplex) which had a double bed and bunk beds, it has lovely white sheets and the walls slide back so that you can lie in bed and look out at the jungle. The cafe/restaurant is good value and you can get free lifts to Sepilok Orang-Utan Sanctuary and the Rainforest Discovery Centre.
It is very relaxing and the staff are lovely. We took Anton's advice and did an overnight 2 day 1 night trip with Mr Aji to Kinabatangan River. We saw Orang-Utans and Proboscis Monkeys in the wild, as well as at the Sanctuary and at Labuk Bay. If we hadn't had the children with us, we think a one-day trip with Mr Aji would have been better as the second day was mostly travelling back in time for lunch, so not much time to do anything. However, with kids the 1 day would have been too long.
Paganakan Dii is an excellent place to stay if you are in the area, we can't imagine anywehere better or exciting to stay if you are on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paganakan Dii is the perfect retreat to experience Nature in its most serene and natural state. Built on a site high above the surrounding foliage, the combination of cool longhouses and cosy duplex chalets makes for an experience worth a thousand images. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat Hotel Sepilok
- Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat Sepilok, Sandakan Division