“Terrible!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platanes Apartments

Platanes Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Platanias
Platanes Apartments
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Platanias
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Room was very bad and dirty. Bed was really bad because the madres was thin, stiff and covered with old sweat and even some blood stains. Room was also really noisy during nights because the bar next door was playing music really loud untill 4am. Pool looked so dirty that we even didn't want to go in there. George the owner of the hotel was also really rude man and even complained us because we didn't bought anything from hes restaurant, which was not even open reguralry. The restaurant looked also really old and dirty with broken tables and benches. Owner even said to us when we were leaving that he will give us smaller and not so good room next time we come over, but guess what George we are not coming never again!! We can't recommend this hotel to no one..

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jhalli

Business
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

I would like to say that the hotel was nice but the people who work there where even better. The lad that ran the pub was very funny and kind. George made sure we were well taken care of. There was also a very pretty yet kind hearted receptionist that did what ever was possible to indure our stay. The cleaning lady made sure we were taken care of contstantly asking if we wanted new sheets, towels, lols and etc.. The hotel is family ran and they are like a team. It's nice that they get to know you and call you by your name. They care about who visits and trust me it shows. The area is near the beach, and yes there is obit of noise but other than that everything else is better. The rooms are old but comfortable and homie. I travel often but the way I was treated and cared for was nothing like other places. They have a speacial way of making you feel like part of the family. Its worth taking the time to meet them, and trying to get to know them.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank pppperfect
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

I thoroughly recommend this place. The apartments are clean and comfortable and the owner and staff charming. The apartments are near a wide sandy beach and the village as a whole was friendly and welcoming. Excellent value for money and ten out of ten for atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank LondonGillian
Basildon Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

My husband and myself had been to Platanes before but had not stayed at these apartments. We had a room right by the pool which admittedly needed a clean(the pool not the room) when we first arrived but George (the owner) soon got onto it.
We found the barman Paul quite rude at first but once we got to know him we realised he was quite a sweety. Our party was made up of two adults and two children Megan was one at the time and Kian was barely three months. The greek people couldn't have made as more welcome if they had tried. We visited many bars and restaurants and thoroughly enjoyed them all. The children were spoilt rotten by all and sundry.
We met and made new friends and can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank StevieDavey
england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2009

I have never in my life seen such a (-----) hotel. Nothing was ready in the hotel!!!! They were still doing construction....it was unbearable and noisey,dirty, and had no reception a vailable eccept the owner, who is rude, or the barman. They never had hot water when you wanted. They are not organized, and seem to careless. They charge extra for everything and is highly over price!! Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never!!!!!! It was so bad that I was happy to return home. The whole trip was terriable. It was nothing like it was shown on the sight,when we booked the hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank peachiepit

Travellers are raving about these Platanias hotels

Kent
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2008

I rarely book a holiday without checking tripadvisor, how I wish I had before deciding on the Platanes Apartments as everything the previous reviewer had said was true. However after the collapse of XL I was keen to find an alternative trip at short notice. The apartments are at the back of a bar that plays loud music, the pool and pool area were dirty, the owner of the apartments cleaned the pool when asked, after one of the guests had removed leaves and dead insects and swept the area around the pool. A week later after bad weather he cleaned the pol by running water and over filling it so water covered all the pool area, soaking anything left on the ground, he then threw in undisolved lumps of chlorine that lay on the pool floor. The apartments were a reasonable size and surprisingly quiet at night when the doors to the bar were closed. They were not cleaned daily, some thing I was aware of, but when I asked the cleaner to clean the floor of our apartment she did so grudgingly then ignored me when I thanked her. We asked for missing light bulbs to be replaced and his was not done. On our arrival we were recommended to take the safe key at a cost of 2 euro daily. Luckily we did not need air conditioning as that incurred a cost of 6 euro a day. On our last day we were offered the opportunity to keep the apartment for 35 euro but as we were leaving at 7.30pm we asked if there was anywhere to leave our luggage and were told in the bar, when we asked if it would be safe, the owner just shrugged. We were having breakfast on the balcony at 10.30 planning to leave at 12 when the barman came over and asked if we had paid to keep the room, he then told us checkout was at 10am and this was written on the noticeboard in the bar. As the apartment had not been cleaned when we left at 7.30 pm this contributed to the overwhelming impression these apartments exist for the owner to make as much money as possible from the guests while doing as little as possible to make their stay enjoyable.

Platanes is a strip of main road with heavy traffic, bars all competing to play the loudest music, the food was dissapointing in all the local restaurants we tried, although better in Rethymnon. The beach was ok, not sand as tour operators would have you believe, but shingle with stones at the edge of the water and you needed shoes to get in. The most positive thing about the place is the bus system enables you to leave easily to visit other places.

• Liked — quiet at night
  • Disliked — dirty pool
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sanrob
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

Where should I begin? On arrival in the early hours of the morning there was no one to meet us and we had to fumbling in the dark to find our room and then trying to get electricity to work.

The apartments are next to BP garage with the fumes from the pumps. The reception/bar area is scruffy, seat covers are dirty, spotted several cockroaches behind the bar and in the kitchen area. Be careful if you have a few to drink as no till receipts are given one evening I paid my bill at end of the night, only to be told the next day I owed the bar bill from previous evening - as I had no proof of paying I had to pay again!! Everytime we walked through bar they pestered us to stay for a drink - to avoid the hassle we started using side gate and walking around the building.

Pool was dirty 3 days during our holiday and there are no notices regarding the depth of the water. Sunbeds are filthy and needed a good scrubbing. No umbrellas as they did not fit the poles in the tables.

The rooms are shabby and tired. Bed linen ripped, crockery chipped, cutlery dirty and nothing matched, reminded me of student living. Kettle needed descaling, it was disgusting. Cleaner only came every third day and when we ran out of loo rolls told to go and buy some at the supermarket. Charged for use of the safe but no mention of cost when I requested the key.

Don't bother with the barbeque evening unless you like very salty meat - although I think it was a ploy to get you to purchase more drinks from the bar.

Barman was weird and the owner is rude, arrogant and downright insulting about his guests. Hardly surprising the place was dead.

Its only positive I can report was the lady who worked during the mornings, she was very friendly and helpful and appeared to be the only one doing any work as she did the reception, served drinks, answered queries and a whole host of other jobs.

Apart from the accommodation we enjoyed the area, a visit to Kournas Lake was spectacular and we ate at some great tavernas, although I would avoid Stekis and Kellari, food at Sky Park restaurant was superb and staff very friendly.

• Liked — Check out day - when I was leaving
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank becks71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platanias
Hotel Axos
Daisy Hotel Apartments
Daisy Hotel Apartments
#79 of 166 in Rethymnon
Marinos Beach Hotel Apartments

Been to Platanes Apartments? Share your experiences!