We stayed at the Evevine in June this year and had a great time. The apartments are tucked away off the main road which is great. It only takes two minutes before you hit the main road, where you'll find lots of bars and restaurants.
The room we had was big, and ok, we didn't have a great view but it didn't bother us. Our view was of rough ground which had friendly goats grazing on it! The room had excellent air con (NOT CHARGED!!!) and also a safe (AGAIN NO CHARGE!!!). Big plus points as nothing worse than arriving and forking out an extra €70 for those type of things.
The pool area is excellent, never really busy so we go our sun loungers each day, about 10 feet from the covered pool bar. We got the know the bar men really well with Vasilis sorting us out during the day and Mihalis in the evening. Both great guys, full of chat and friendly to everyone there. They really made the stay great with regular supplies of ice cold beer. They chill their beer glasses - nice touch to keep'em cool! Also know to thrown a few cheeky shots our way too (don't tell Eveline!).
It has a great family atmosphere and they also run Scuba diving from their too. So you'll see the Scuba team around late afternoon.
The area does have plenty of bars and restaurants. We walked into Rethmynon a few times. It is about 5 miles so be warned! Though plenty of shops on the way to get bottles of water.
When you're there make sure to go up to the main road and turn right. Walk for about 10-15 minutes and you'll get to Remember Bar. Great food and a cool bar where (another) Mihalis will keep you entertained.
All in all an excellent stay. We do love Crete and are back there next week to Old Hersonnisos for our second trip in 10 weeks! When you find a great thing why change it??!
We'll also go back to Eveline next year and book direct as it means the apartments keep the money and don't pay out commission.
So to Vasiilis and Mihalis...make sure the fridge is well stocked up as we'll be back...
Alan and Joanne
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eveline Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eveline Apartments Hotel Platanias
- Eveline Apartments Rethymnon
- Eveline Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Eveline Apartments Crete/Rethymnon Prefecture