“LOVELY HONEYMOON”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Playa el Agua
Ciudad Ojeda, Venezuela
“LOVELY HONEYMOON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Hesperia Playa El Agua Was An Incredible Part Of Our Trip To Margarita, My Husband And Me Had A Great Time, Everything Was Organized, Clean, Supervised And Comfortable. The Restaurants Are Very Nice, They Have A Big Variety Of Tasty Food. We Stayed At Eden Club, It Has Its Own Restaurant ¨Asian¨ Nice One!!! The Hotel Is All Inclusive So We Could Enjoy From De Smallest Thing To The Biggest. They Invited Us To Enjoy An Asian Dinner With A Romantic Ambient. The Beach Is Nearby, It Was A Good Thing. The Pool Is Also Nice And Warm, With A Bar With All The Cocktails Included. The Service Was Excellent, People Over There Are Sweet And Cool. The Manager Is Very Nice And Very Mindful. For Sure We Would Like To Go Again When We Have The Time.

Thanks To Hesperia Playa El Agua, Sr. Javier Rivera And All The Staff.

Best Regards,

Rami & Abir

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abir A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We arrived at Playa El Agua Feb 27 - March 5th. We stayed in the Club Eden VIP section of this hotel. Although I would recommend the VIP section, the main hotel would've been fine too. The Hotel is clean and we though well kept. The grounds are quite beautiful and manicured. Everyone was pleasant-ish and did they're best to accommodate our requests.

Javier of the Vip section, did an absolutely amazing job at orientating guests to the hotel and was dedicated to ensuring we had a very good vacation. There are 8 or so pools at this hotel and the large pool in the Eden section was beautiful and very clean. Lots of sun exposure and shaded areas to keep everyone happy.

The beach area is very lively and clean. Lots of things to see, do, and buy. The people selling their good on the beach we're not aggressive and if you say "no gracias" they went on their way.

There is a guy in a pink shirt that works for the hotel on the beach who was very attentive to guests. If you throw them a few boliavars after your visit, on your return, you will never wait for a beach chair or a nice shaded spot. They will bring you drinks and keep you well fed.

It's true that most Venezuelans don't speak English well or at all, but I never found that to be a problem.

The airports in Venezuela are not passenger friendly. They are difficult to navigate and can be a little scary for unseasoned travelers. We did get jacked at CCS by an unsavory character for the equivalent of 4 US dollars. They just don't prey upon tourist but Venezuelans too.

My only criticism of this hotel is that the services available are not coordinated overly well. We didn't have a controller for the tv for days because we didn't know we had to get one from the desk downstairs. We didn't know that breakfast was available in the Eden section until the last day. This hotel could really use a tour operator like Air Canada Vacations, Transat, or Shitwing to organise all the services available to guest so that guest don't have to search or miss out on services. These are only minor issues. That won't happen tho until the political situation stabilizes.

It was a great vacation. I loved this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank machineaddict
Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Love this place first when I view the comments I was afraid to go a lot of negative but good thing I went. Great staff food was lovely nothing was stolen got my room clean everyday clean towels everyday.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Natasha W
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Don't know where to begin... The service sucks if you don't speak Spanish!!

The Pro's :
-Easy access to Playa el Agua - Great Beach !!!
- The swim up pool bar

The Con's :
- If you don't speak Spanish no one makes an effort to address you concerns,I had to request an iron FIVE TIMES before I eventually got one ( I refused to move from the front desk until someone brought one for me)
- The staff at the front desk are not very friendly or helpful - special thanks to Jorge and Dennis - two truly wonderful staff members who went out of their way after we had a really bad experience at the hotel. My boyfriend went to get something in our room while I was in the lobby having a drink and someone was in our room!! After trying numerous times to explain to the front desk that someone was in our room security came 10 minutes later. We explained for half and hour what happened ( they gave another guest our key and he ended up in our room mistakenly - he had enough time to lie down on the bed and take a nap before my boyfriend arrived).The manager and two security guards took the information and till we left no one apologized or addressed the error. It was just brushed off and ignored after the time passed.

It definitely was an experience but for sure I will NEVER go back to this hotel !!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristal S
member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel is disgusting! They built it, but never maintained it. Don't believe the pictures. Our rooms didn't have towels, blankets or remote controls for tv/air conditioner. The room was horrible. It was not pleasant to be in there. The food was awful. It was one of my worst experiences ever in a hotel!!!!!!! I would love to know who gave that hotel 4 stars, 1 star is too much for this place. Go to "Posada Costa Linda" instead, everyone loved it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AFCV
Minnesotta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Website can be misleading, especially pictures. The resort is in the beach, so that is the advantage. But the rooms looked old and the food was just ok ok. The beach had lots of weeds in the beach, so it was not very clean too. Overall it was ok just because we got a heavy discount.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Port of Spain, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

My family and I visited this hotel in May of this year. The checking was not a good experience since no one speak English. It took us approximately two hours before we got our room. After that everything was not to bad. The room was great and perfect location to the pool. The food could use some work but I guest our food in Trinidad is different. I had to eat fruits for my hold visit because everything had pork. The pool staff was EXCELLENT and FUN. We was always entertained. The Italian restaurant was the best. My family and I enjoy the food there a lot. I must say the place was clean the staff was friendly. I think that the staff should get some training in English since communication was difficult. Also I believe after could be provided in the rooms. after all it's an all inclusive vacation. We got one bottle of water when we arrived in our room and when I asked for another, I was told I had to buy water. But I will visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
LIDOTEL Hotel Boutique Margarita
StevieWonderLand
StevieWonderLand
#1 of 12 in El Yaque

Been to Hesperia Playa El Agua? Share your experiences!