“wont visit again”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Playa el Agua
Port of Spain, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
“wont visit again”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The drive to the hotel is long .not scenic at all garbage everywhere. The front desk staff speak little or no English. Thank God I can speak Spanish.no one to help you to your room with your bags, rooms are basic. The pool is small and fill with persons from Venezuela daily. Only Spanish speaking activities in the night. Pool area very noisy all day cannot just relax. Bees and flies on the drinks at the bar and little non alcoholic drinks. Snack bar keeps running out of food.
The food was ok ,very little can be eaten if you do not eat meat. Thank God for the fruits.
will not go again. They need to improve. Rooms very cold and you cannot turn off or adjust ac.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Krysten J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Clean, comfortable, cozy, with nightly entertainment. Great food and bar at the pool. Not a fancy hotel but the stay was very enjoyable and relaxing. Some of the staff spoke English very well. No problems with theft in rooms.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhonda K
Trinidad
Reviewed 31 July 2013

July 24th - July 27th 2013 Scenic drive to the hotel and back. Lots of friendly staff. Lots of Food and drinks, but not as tasty as ours in Trinidad. Rooms were not 100% perfect but it was okay. The beach was a few minutes walk from the hotel, and there were taxi's outside waiting to take you anyway you wanted to go.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tunapuna, Trinidad
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am writing this review as unbiased as possible. I stayed at this hotel from the 21st -25th of July. My greatest disappointment was our room. We booked two rooms at this hotel since there is a maximum occupancy of 3 per room. The doors could not lock from the inside! Although I had faith that no one would sneak into the rooms at night, my parents did not share the same optimism as me. My parents reported this problem the day we checked in and the day after but nothing was done so we let it be but I'm sure not everyone would be as accepting of the situation as us. The staff does not speak much english at all but they are very friendly & they do make small talk with the guests. The food was disappointing especially for breakfast, one gets tired of eggs all the time. Regardless, I am a big fan of food so it really wasn't a big problem for me or my family. Make do with what you get. The pool is always nice and warm (there's only one pool), the jacuzzi isn't working though but the beach is a cool 5 minute walk down the road and the hotel also provides a shuttle to the beach. My biggest concern with the pool was how dirty is always was which was a big turn off. All in all, the rooms aren't very big and the beds were uncomfortable, the food is okay, I liked how close the beach was, the staff was very nice to us and well the pool was okay as well. Personally, I would advise people to stay else where if they are looking for activities at the hotel, bigger pools, functioning doors and jacuzzis and a wide variety of food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Port of Spain
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Shamila Khan. Trinidad and Tobago. My fiance and I stayed from April 3rd till April 7th. I lost my credit card and spending money ($200) in the room, the second day we stayed in this hotel. We talked to hotel security manager and house keeping and all they did was to come in our room and go through all our luggage with the excuse that "other guests claimed they lost money and stuff and they found it". I called my bank to inform my card was stolen as soon as I realized it was missing. The next day it appeared in my suitcase. It was cancelled so probably they couldn't use it and decided to return it and make it look like we made up the whole story. My fiance went to security manager to let he know that the card was placed in our luggage and the man said "not to let anyone know, because they were studying previous cases and try to see a patern and a possible suspect". We find this very strange because the front desk supervisor and the security manager himself said this kind of incidents never happened there so, somebody was obviously lying. Nobody came to us to give us any information regarding the incident or any kind of compensation. All they could do was to say "Sorry". Thruth is, staying in this place was a terrible mistake and we'd like this message to reach as many people as possible.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank ShamilaK
Trinidad
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Scenic 45 minute drive from the airport. Lovely intimate hotel. Secured and friendly staff. Other than the reception the staff do not understand english so it would help to learn some conversational spanish. Food was satisfying and in abundance, I certainly could not complain, white wine and red wine with dinner along with fresh juice etc. There was a show every night from around 9:00pm till about 10:30pm.
All in all i would recommend this hotel if you looking for a small intimate venue. There is no gym and not much grounds to walk around but the beach is 300 mtrs away and there is a shuttle that carries you back and forth from the hotel without charge.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karibaire
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This hotel is about 45 minutes to an hour drive from the hotel. Rooms are ok with small single beds. Rooms were clean enough. Not much staff can speak english. But then why go to a spanish speaking country and not know some of the language. Wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Not much variety of alcoholic beverages. I did not like that i had to wear a brightly coloured wristband for my stay, so when i go into the town, all of the residence knew i was visiting their country. Pool is big enough. Free rides to the beach every 30 minutes. I liked this hotel and will visit again. My stay was January 2012

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
#16 of 91 in Margarita Island
Unik Hotel Margarita
Unik Hotel Margarita
#3 of 8 in Pampatar

Been to LD Palm Beach? Share your experiences!