“Had no expectations, Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LD Palm Beach

LD Palm Beach
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Playa el Agua
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Had no expectations, Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My mother and I booked with Krystal Tours for 4 days and 3 nights, it was the most affordable one and other places were already full. This was our first visit so we didn't know what to expect, we just went with an open mind. Getting there was easy, the tour guide Gustavo met us at the airport spoke fluent English and was with the group the entire trip, taking us shopping and for a small price offered to take us on a tour of the island and a water park. We arrived before check in which was at 3 and the hotel was kind enough to allow us to have lunch. The food was good, there was a nice variety, chicken, beef, goat, fish,rice, pastas, potato, different salads, fruit and desserts. I thought the meat was a bit salty at times but that's just because I don't eat a lot of salt. Check in was easy, the staff speak little English but I like that it contributes to the authenticity of the place, also I think it's the travelers responsibility to learn the language of the place you are going to, if you speak little to no Spanish, you will still get on fine with a lot pointing lol. The staff is the main reason I would return, best customer service, they were all helpful, warm and friendly, I wish I knew their names but special mention to the dining, bar and entertainment staff. Thank you Alberto. The room - the A/C couldn't adjust or turn off, due to the humidity, it was left on all the time, I got cold, blanket is thick but travel with socks. Room is basic but comfortable, you get what you pay for. Pool is nice, bar keeps the drinks flowing, there's music during the day and live entertainment at night. A shuttle to the nearby beach also a bar there. It's not recommended to leave the hotel at night because tourist may be targeted but I made friends there and we went to a local beach party, there were no incidents and I think it was the best experience I had on my entire trip! All in all I enjoyed my stay and would recommend and return. Thanks Palm Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank Dawn R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at Palm Beach with my family back in March 2014. We chose this place because of the price. This was not our first time in Margarita and decided to stay here since we were basically out for most of the day. At first, we weren't impressed as the place small and wifi access is limited to the hotel lobby. However, by the end of the first day, we warmed up. The staff members were friendly and helpful. The food was great and despite what other reviews indicated, there was a wide variety. We found the food to be delicious and my Dad who's a vegetarian had no problem in filling up:) The pool is small but we didn't have a problem because I guess it was off season. If it's peak season, this would definitely be a problem. The beach is walking distance away and wow...the water was refreshing! To be honest, if you're not planning to stay at the resort all day, this is the place for you. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the compound is secure. Will not recommend if you're looking for R&R as you will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nadine_Bev
Trinidad and Tobago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here in April this year with a school group. The hotel was a bit small and outdated, but for the purpose it was good for control reasons. Food was surprisingly tasty and a good variety. And if you needed a snack after dinner, there were hotdogs until 11pm. Our room was good, no problems, although others had a few issues. I would advise to pay for the room safe to keep valuables, just a peace of mind. Communication was not so bad as most spoke some english and was able to communicate. Entertainment was nice every evening. Overall it was better than I expected given some of the reviews, but everyone experience is different. Sometimes you just have to try it and hope all goes well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 971Roger13
Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

stayed at this hotel with my family for 5dys.On a scale of 1 to 10 would give it an overall 6.I was really apprehensive about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews but we survived and had a great time at this hotel. The rooms where a little dated but clean, rooms where cleaned daily and toiletries replenished. The grounds and pool were also cleaned daily. Food-my sisters and I are fussy eaters but was able to find something to eat at every meal lots of vegetables salads and fruits. The snack bar is opened at 4pm and serves hotdogs burgers etc. One thing to note is that this hotel is not on the beach but the beach is within walking distance and there is also a shuttle service to the beach as well. There is also a snack bar at the beach where you can get water and drinks.No one in our group could speak a sentence of Spanish and we got along just fine at this hotel. Entertainment- activities such as water polo, nightly shows in Spanish but daytime music had a nice mix of English and Spanish.

Room Tip: a room on the second floor are quieter and you have a balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Leah J
Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

visited palm beach on april13th-17th 2014 ........my first impression of the hotel was not so good it appeared a bit rustic and old fashioned for me(but didnt matter) .......check in at reception was not bad i was placed in a room opposite of where cunstruction was taking place so i asked if i can be moved due to the dust and being asthmatic and the person at reception was very helpful an didnt seem to mind me asking atall she promptly had my room changed with no problems and i got assitance with my luggage also .............rooms were very clean and basic a/c worked fine..... no bad smells ....about 4 english channels on tv .....refridgerator in room worked fine ......a small porch which was comfortable no mosquitoes.......rooms were cleaned daily ...beds made daily...garbage emptied...fresh towels daily ...maids did not steal anything ......hot water in the shower was always available ....dinning area was very clean no flies buzzing around thank god ....a cat was seen around however FOOD WAS QUITE ENJOYABLE TO MY SUPRISE CONSIDERING I HAVE BEEN TO A FEW RESORTS ON THIS ISLAND BEFORE AND FOOD WAS AWEFULL.....note to any muslims who may be reading this u can feel safe to consume vegetarian foods here because its not garnished with any ham or bacon comparing to other resorts on this island.......i enjoyed the variety of foods very much hats off to the chefs great job .......foods always fresh and clean and was labelled so u know what u were consuming ......not forgetting to mention the variety of fresh fruits available at breakfast lunch and dinner ......sweet desserts can do with a bit of variety .....freshly made fruit juices were available which i enjoyed......alcoholic drinks had a wide variety to choose from my fav was the long island iced tea strong and nice........all the drinks were nicely made and bar staff was always friendly and willing to assist.....pool looks amazing and clean ....grounds was also very clean.....the gate to this resort was always locked which was very good made me feel safe ...nightly entertainment was good but in spanish ... snack bar served hotdogs with a huge variety of condiments and also 1 day they served arepas as well as hot dogs......all members of staff was always willing to assist you and never seemed annoyed by you atall even though they couldnt understand english they were always willing to asssist......i give this hotel an 8 out of 10 very satisfied with everything my experience here was a very good one i wil definately visit again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank nalini s
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

From all the reviews I read I was afraid to stay at this hotel. However, I was encouraged to stay there and I had a wonderful time indeed. Tasty food, nice staff although they don't speak English. The ambiance of Palm Beach is rustic and romantic. I will go back soon.

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Nae-eaN
San Fernando, Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

i was not impressed with this hotel, the rooms need updating, there is only one snack bar and for the four days we were there they only served hot dogs alone everyday, i do not wish to see another hot dog for a long time. there is only one restaurant not a wide variety to choose from.
my biggest issue is that the gates are close in the evening, my friend and i wanted to take a walk after dinner 8pm and was told that we could not leave the compound, at my age i leave my home 11pm to go and party and they are telling me at 8pm i cannot go outside i had a real problem with that. on the plus side the staff although speaking very little English we very attentive and pleasant and so was the manager

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 8 in Pampatar
StevieWonderLand
StevieWonderLand
#1 of 12 in El Yaque

Been to LD Palm Beach? Share your experiences!