“Thanks so much for helping make our honeymoon great!”
Review of Casa Trudel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa el Agua
Casa Trudel
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Thanks so much for helping make our honeymoon great!”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Everything was very clean and the staff was accommodating and helpful. We felt right at home...I would DEFINITELY recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twaldofs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Dan is indeed a good host, however that doesn't make up for some short falls of the hotel. It is located a good 15 minute walk from the beach along a main road and along the way the road sides are littered with trash. The major short coming of this place is the road noise. It starts early in the morning with trucks roaring up the road in front of the hotel and often honking their horns. If you are in a front room it is impossible to sleep past 7AM. The breakfast is pre cooked and wrapped and left out for breakfast. The pool is nice and they do a good job of trying to help arrange trips, but I'd try something different next time.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank iypsyche
PlayaElAgua, Owner at Casa Trudel, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
We would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate constructive criticism.
The beach is about a 5 to 7 minute walk from our location. I'm 66 and it takes me 6 minutes. The actual beach is 4 km long (3 miles) so it might be longer depending on where you actually want to go on the beach.
The 2 front upstairs rooms are more susceptible to road noise then the other 8 rooms however this is Latin America, not the USA, and it takes some getting used to. It's not for everyone.
Every now & then a guest arrives who is not comfortable with the cultural experience. This guest falls into that category. There was always a tenseness. A larger, all inclusive hotel would have been a better idea for this guest.
Read the other reviews in this section & we are sure you will agree that most people are happy & contented here.
port bruce
Reviewed 24 February 2011

My wife and I just returned from a two week stay with Dan ,Kira , and the rest of the crew. Beautifully maintained posada ,with good security . the pool was always inviting and clean. the rooms were welll groomed and Jessica always made these gorgeous creations with the plants and towels etc. It was a surprise everyday. Karina treated us to a tastefully superb breakfast ,with plenty to eat everyday. the computer room was available as needed and the community area was always a nice retreat. I would certainly recommend Casa Trudel to anyone looking for a comfortable B&B to stay. And I did indeed recommend Margarit Tropical Villa to many people we had talked to on our retunr flight. Many of which were not happy with there all inclusive. Again Dan and Kira and crew.........THANK YOU for a wonderful time on Margarita Island.

3 Thank lakeview
Charente Maritime
Reviewed 24 February 2011

From the first on line contact all through our 34 days stay in Margarita Tropical Villa we were very satisfied. The rooms are large with a fridge, TV with loads of channels and wifi internet for free. The poolside setting is very pleasant with tables and chairs outside each room. The communal terraced area, where hearty and varied breakfasts are served is also very pleasant and relaxing. Also much appreciated was the library full of books in a multitude of languages. Dan & Kira and their entire staff are putting a lot of effort into keeping everything immaculately clean, comfortable and well maintained. They are all very friendly and helpful with everything from arranging for a good hairdresser to getting a reliable taxi to in general answer questions one might have about life in Isla Margarita .Also impressive were the different artful arrangements made of fresh towels and foliage from the garden made into elephants, swans and heart shapes and placed on top of the bed after the room was cleaned.
Overall an exceptional experience which I would recommend to anybody who is looking for a secure, peaceful and relaxing vacations stay at excellent value.It really lives up to "your home away from home". Many thanks to Dan & Kira, Karina, Gini and Yexika for making our vacation a pleasant memory.

3 Thank Carmenzita_11
Balsta, Sweden
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We just returned from a 3 week stay at the extremely comfortable Casa Trudel. Everything about the place is so organised and efficient. The owner Dan is a mine of usefull information having lived there for 23 years! He is also extremely helpful with everything from money matters to tour trips. The staff are just so friendly and really do that little extra to make guests feel welcome. Breakfasts are great too and are varied each day.We strongly recommend you check out this place. We intended to stay for 6 nights and ended up staying for 22 nights! I think that sums it up really. Great value, great service and super friendly people.

3 Thank lurcio60
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Margarita has changed a lot, and so did Playa El Agua. The walk to the beach is not nice at all. I would not walk around the area after 6pm or whenever gets dark, and I am Venezuelan, born and raise in Caracas, I am used to hustle and bustle, but if I go travel with company from another country I do not want them to have a bad experience. I am very proud of my country, and I know how everything is, that is why I have learned over the years that in Venezuela the best policy its to avoid certain situations. That being said. I have to state that Casa Trudel is a nice place, it is a budget friendly place. I still think though, that needs better transportation arrangements for the guess, and they can charge for it, because the taxi service can get really pricey if you don't want to spend all the time inside the posada. My advise is if you stay at Casa Trudel rent a car, or go with your car if you are from Venezuela, the other thing though is parking, I do not think there is anywhere to park, but maybe they can arrange something. I am not trying to screw up your business there Mr. Dan, but I think its best to be honest, people will appreciate it. Overall I am satisfy but I wished it was somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Farah20
PlayaElAgua, Owner at Casa Trudel, responded to this review, 16 January 2011
Hi Farah,
Thank you for taking the time to put up a review and saying nice things about our property.

We would like to clear up one point. Everyone who visits us is given a link to a Google Earth photo which shows exactly where we are located. There are many posadas in our area & we are closer to the beach than most. Some people enjoy the 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach while others do not. Of the dozens & dozens of guests we had stay with us over the Christmas & New Year's holidays you were the only one to mention the walk.

We are a small B&B and as the rest of the guests had no problem with the short walk it would be economically impossible to provide transportation for just 1 guest. The majority of our guests do not have cars while they are here however have no problem getting around. Taxis are very cheap. From the beach to the B&B is about $3. To get to the Sambil shopping center in Pampatar or to Porlamar is around US$10.
We have parking for people who have cars. As you didn't have one the subject never came up.

At Casa Trudel we pride ourselves in giving superior service, cleanliness & security. You can see that by the many reviews we have received.
East Mids UK
Reviewed 10 January 2011

A welcome that made you feel welcome. Our room was comfortable and really well looked after every day by Gini, it was the room on the web-site by the pool. Dan & Kira could not have been more helpful, (ask and you will receive must be their motto), Dan even took me for a haircut. Karina was an angel, she even booked a change of airflight for us. Casa Trudels staff have been with them for years and it shows, we felt completely safe and secure. The beach about 10 mins walk and is lovely, take a torch. Really good food at "Pacifico" with plenty of snacky places. Would we go back? Caracas- No. Dans place & Margarita - Like a shot! Stayed early Dec 2010 to 3rd jan 11

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Playa el Agua
SUNSOL Isla Caribe
SUNSOL Isla Caribe
#1 of 2 in El Tirano

Been to Casa Trudel? Share your experiences!