I'm late writing this, but better late than never. This was the very first hotel we stayed at on our very first trip to Costa Rica (which at this time numbers in the teens). My husband and I were traveling with friends, so we booked both B&B rooms. The owner was not present upon our arrival, but her grounds keeper checked us in. We were booked for 3 nights. No one showed us how to use the "electric" water heater in the shower, so we had no hot water for the entire stay. After the owner showed up, she informed us that she had double-booked the one room, and since a newlywed couple on their honeymoon would be arriving in 2 days, our friends had to move out of their room for the last night. She arranged for them to stay at a hotel nearby, which was basic basic and way less than acceptable. We tried talking to the owner to find out activities to do in the area, but she was not helpful and her only suggestion was for us to walk into El Castillo (a very small town with one general store). After coming home and reading about all the great hiking and other activities in the Arenal area, I was very upset. Our general impression of the owner is that she was not interested in running the B&B and we wondered why someone who didn't wanted bothered with tourists would get into this line of work. I would never stay here again, wish we had picked a different hotel for this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, private, 3 bedroom home nestled among the trees w/ lush vegetation, immaculate gardens buzzing w/ hummingbirds & butterflies...direct views of Volcano Arenal & panoramic of Lake Arenal...soak at night in the hot tub watching the volcano and sounds of wildlife. We have a spa onsite with holistic services and massage for your convenience. We can book all your tours to local attractions. Central to the village of El Castillo, just a short drive from La Fortuna. We have restaurants close by and many activities and tours to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Hummingbird Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hummingbird Nest Hotel El Castillo
- Hummingbird Nest Bed And Breakfast
- Hummingbird Nest Costa Rica/El Castillo