A gem of a place set in what turned out to be a fantastic launching pad for surrounding activities. Close to zip lining, hikes to waterfalls, thermal spas, butterfly conservatory and more. Nearby restaurants excellent, one of the best only 30 sec walk away. A great location to stay for a 4-7 days. Room was clean and comfy. Views as advertised. Breakfasts different every day (nice!) and always with fresh local fruit. Ellen's recommendations for activities saved valuable research time and all were first rate. Horseback riding w/Lilander @ Appaloosa an especially recommended way to see the beautiful countryside. Kudos to Ellen for her attention to detail! Will come again we hope.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, private, 3 bedroom home nestled among the trees w/ lush vegetation, immaculate gardens buzzing w/ hummingbirds & butterflies...direct views of Volcano Arenal & panoramic of Lake Arenal...soak at night in the hot tub watching the volcano and sounds of wildlife. We have a spa onsite with holistic services and massage for your convenience. We can book all your tours to local attractions. Central to the village of El Castillo, just a short drive from La Fortuna. We have restaurants close by and many activities and tours to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Hummingbird Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hummingbird Nest Hotel El Castillo
- Hummingbird Nest Bed And Breakfast
- Hummingbird Nest Costa Rica/El Castillo