We are a family of 5 from Norway who stayed at the Arenal Vista Lodge during two weeks of Feb 2011. Kids are 12,8 and 6 yrs old.
We had 8 fantastic days at Arenal Vista Lodge - despite that our son was a bit sick the first 3-4 days. The staff was extremely helpful and service minded with everything from special food to our son, tours and transport. Everything with a smile - that is apreciated when you stay for such a period of time. The Rooms were basic, fairly clean and the beds were very good. The food was good as well. We did not taste any bufet's - only a la carte. Breakfast was of the traditional Costa Rica type with fresh and good ingredients. The view to the vulcano was terrific! We even experienced a minor earth-quake and a restart of the smoke from the Arenal vulcano.
Do remember to stop by at Pizza John a short walk down the road. You will not regret it.
Go for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the northwestern region of Costa Rica, 30 minutes away from La Fortuna, in the BiologicalCorridor between Monteverde Reserve and Arenal National Park, our lodge rests marvelously in one of the surrounding hills of the Arenal Lake, enjoying a unique view of the Lake and the Volcano. Coming to our lodge, you will be surrounded by a dense tropical forest, where more than 300 species of birds can be seen, as well as 100 species of mammals and 2500 species of plants and orchids. The Hotel Arenal Vista Lodge was conceived from a prevailing necessity derived from the deficiency of facilities in the Arenal area. We felt the need for a place that took advantage of the natural beauties the area, while offering the national and international tourists the commodities they require in the Biological Corridor between Arenal Volcano National Park and Monteverde Cloud Forest FEATURES: • 25 comfortable rooms, each lodged up to four guests. • Every room includes a private hot water bathroom, walk-in closet and a balcony with spectacular view of the volcano and lake area. • Facilities equipped to care for disabled people. • Restaurant and salad bar with costarrican and international recipes. • Swimming pool, wet-bar, souvenir shop and a meeting room, natural forest trails. Internet facilities. Parking area with 24-hour security • Restaurant, which fits 90 guests, Bar and Souvenir shop • Conference room for 30 people and swimming pool with wet bar • Optional tours: hot springs, canopy, horseback riding, boat rides, transfers to Monteverde. We offer laundry service as well. Special offers for honeymooners, students, families and cycling groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arenal Vista Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Vista Hotel Arenal Volcano National Park
- Arenal Vista Lodge Costa Rica/El Castillo