This sweet hotel is two steps below basic, but the staff is so nice, tries so hard to be helpful, is always cheerful, and the chef managed to make me delicious gluten free dairy free meals. We went into the rainforest behind the hotel and were all alone in this magical world where no one was within hearing distance. We didn't see any wildlife, but it was an amazing experience to wander in a rain forest. It poured while we were there and we were dry under the forest canopy. This hotel is not near anything, and the Interbus doesn't serve it. You have to go instead to the Arenal Observatory Lodge (nice views, good lunch, nice desk person who was very helpful getting us to Arenal Vista from Arenal Observatory) and take a cab from there ($25 or so) up a very, very bumpy road. Amazingly, we still enjoyed our stay there despite the fact that the sheets refused to stay on the mattress, and the amenities consisted of a bar of soap and two plastic cups!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the northwestern region of Costa Rica, 30 minutes away from La Fortuna, in the BiologicalCorridor between Monteverde Reserve and Arenal National Park, our lodge rests marvelously in one of the surrounding hills of the Arenal Lake, enjoying a unique view of the Lake and the Volcano. Coming to our lodge, you will be surrounded by a dense tropical forest, where more than 300 species of birds can be seen, as well as 100 species of mammals and 2500 species of plants and orchids. The Hotel Arenal Vista Lodge was conceived from a prevailing necessity derived from the deficiency of facilities in the Arenal area. We felt the need for a place that took advantage of the natural beauties the area, while offering the national and international tourists the commodities they require in the Biological Corridor between Arenal Volcano National Park and Monteverde Cloud Forest FEATURES: • 25 comfortable rooms, each lodged up to four guests. • Every room includes a private hot water bathroom, walk-in closet and a balcony with spectacular view of the volcano and lake area. • Facilities equipped to care for disabled people. • Restaurant and salad bar with costarrican and international recipes. • Swimming pool, wet-bar, souvenir shop and a meeting room, natural forest trails. Internet facilities. Parking area with 24-hour security • Restaurant, which fits 90 guests, Bar and Souvenir shop • Conference room for 30 people and swimming pool with wet bar • Optional tours: hot springs, canopy, horseback riding, boat rides, transfers to Monteverde. We offer laundry service as well. Special offers for honeymooners, students, families and cycling groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Vista Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Vista Hotel Arenal Volcano National Park
- Arenal Vista Lodge Costa Rica/El Castillo