What had already been an incredibly fortunate and amazing trip to CR, got even better when we stumbled upon this place. With no reservations when heading into the Fortuna area, we stopped at a nearby resort and they were full. The security guard actually recommended Linda Vista and told us to talk to Anna. (When coming to Arenal/La Fortuna area, beware that the Arenal Volcano is not in La Fortuna, it is actually in El Castillo. La Fortuna is actually a not so pretty, kinda crowded town 20 minutes away from the volcano).
Upon seeing Linda Vista sitting atop a ledge of the mountain range adjacent to Arenal Volcano, we thought we had wasted our time as we didn't think we could afford this place. When we drove up the steep switchback driveway lined by tall canopy trees and saw all the private suites, we were even more convinced. However, when we met Anna she informed us that we would be getting a free upgrade to a Junior Suite, a full breakfast, and two free drinks all for a price that is less than what you would spend to stay in a Days Inn or some other 2 star hotel. Anna is Awesome.
The rooms are all made of hardwood floors and ceilings with large sliding glass doors with as good of views of the volcano as you can get (the views are better from the rooms then they are from the hiking trails in the National Park!). The beds are big and comfortable, and the hot showers and Costa Rican coffee were very welcoming at the tail end of this vacation. The restaurant and infinity pool overlook the volcano and lake as well. Breakfast includes juice, coffee, toast, cereal, and your choice of an American breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and bacon or a Typical CR breakfast of eggs, rice, and beans. Both are delicious and get your ready for a day of adventure.
The resort will help you arrange your daily activities for free. There is a lot of adventure just down the road and if you want to visit Rio Celeste or Monteverde, these are both within 2 and 3 hours away.
This trip was very special for us as I proposed to my girlfriend while hiking at Rio Celeste. I had told Anna about my plans and asked if she had any ideas for making our return dinner romantic. She said she would handle it. Upon arriving for dinner just after sunset, we found that she had taken the time to set up a single table on the observatory deck, complete with a walkway of candles and flower petals. She did this all by hand herself and put incredible detail and time into making it all beautiful. She even drove 40 minutes round trip into La Fortuna just to buy my fiance a rose. I can't say enough for how wonderful the staff here is, how beautiful the resort is, or how lucky we were to find this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Linda Vista Hotel is located at El Castillo, just 22 km from La Fortuna downtown. A perfect choice for hikes in the Arenal Volcano National Park or activities on Lake Arenal. There is, however, a nice range of amenities located at the hotel for those that would rather stay put. Guests will enjoy lounging within the hotel's unique three-tiered swimming pool, which affords spectacular views of the volcano, and relaxing jacuzzi. The Loma Linda Restaurant serves up a nice variety of international and national meals, including a large free breakfast every morning. Guests in need of libations can visit the bar, which is stocked with beers, wines, juices, liquors and more. The rooms at Linda Vista are clean and spacious. Tile floors extend to private terraces, where guests can sit and enjoy astounding views of the Arenal Volcano. All rooms are equipped with a private hot water bathroom, ceiling fan, a/c, and coffee maker. Wireless internet helps guests to stay connected to friends and family at home, while an in-room safe ensures that valuables remain secure. The Badilla's would love to share the secrets and beauty of this area with you and your friends or family! General Information Hotel Facilities & Services: Safe deposit box Mini bar Wet bar Swimming pool (for adults & kids) Jacuzzi Restaurant Bar Free WiFi Laundry Service - We accept all Credit Cards Accommodations: All rooms come equipped with a private hot water bathroom, ceiling fan, terrace, coffee maker, safe deposit box, and wireless internet. Standard Room - these rooms have one double and one single bed. They do not have a volcano view and can sleep up to three people. Junior Suites - these suites have two queen size beds, air conditioning, mini bar, hairdryer, satellite TV, and a private parking lot. They have a volcano view and can sleep up to four people. Master Suites - these suites have two queen size beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, hairdryer, private terrace, coffee maker, satellite TV, bathrobes, and an iron. They have a volcano view and can sleep up to four people. Honeymoon Suite - this suite has one queen size bed, air conditioning, mini fridge, bathtub, hairdryer, coffee maker, private terrace, satellite TV, PC station, and a private parking lot. It has a volcano view and can sleep up to two people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Linda Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linda Vista Del Norte Hotel
- Hotel Linda Vista Del Norte
- Linda Vista Hotel Costa Rica/El Castillo