We hadn't planned too far ahead on this leg of our trip, so we were feel really fortunate that we found the Linda Vista. It's a bit of an adventure getting here, but we're on a motorcycle built for that kind of thing so it was pretty easy. Cabs will come out here, and if you have your own car you'll just need some patience to get down the pothole road the 7km to the hotel.
But you'll be rewarded with a room on the hill with a panoramic view of the SW side of the volcano from the glass wall of your room (we stayed in the Jr.) and open your door to let the air blow through and a great view of the lake, valleys and hills to the south. Staying on this side of the volcano gives you a view of both the volcano and lake.
We've actually seen more wildlife and birds around the hotel than we did on our tours of the Park, we even saw an ant eater on a day ride just west of the hotel.
The breakfast is OK and could use a bit of an improvement, but the rest food very good and the infinity pool at sunset is great. Very affordable too compared to the resorts on the other side of the volcano. Tour operators will come out to pick you up from here (for less than a cab would). Skip the volcano tour and walk it yourself, we loved guided the hanging bridges tour though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Linda Vista Hotel is located at El Castillo, just 22 km from La Fortuna downtown. A perfect choice for hikes in the Arenal Volcano National Park or activities on Lake Arenal. There is, however, a nice range of amenities located at the hotel for those that would rather stay put. Guests will enjoy lounging within the hotel's unique three-tiered swimming pool, which affords spectacular views of the volcano, and relaxing jacuzzi. The Loma Linda Restaurant serves up a nice variety of international and national meals, including a large free breakfast every morning. Guests in need of libations can visit the bar, which is stocked with beers, wines, juices, liquors and more. The rooms at Linda Vista are clean and spacious. Tile floors extend to private terraces, where guests can sit and enjoy astounding views of the Arenal Volcano. All rooms are equipped with a private hot water bathroom, ceiling fan, a/c, and coffee maker. Wireless internet helps guests to stay connected to friends and family at home, while an in-room safe ensures that valuables remain secure. The Badilla's would love to share the secrets and beauty of this area with you and your friends or family! General Information Hotel Facilities & Services: Safe deposit box Mini bar Wet bar Swimming pool (for adults & kids) Jacuzzi Restaurant Bar Free WiFi Laundry Service - We accept all Credit Cards Accommodations: All rooms come equipped with a private hot water bathroom, ceiling fan, terrace, coffee maker, safe deposit box, and wireless internet. Standard Room - these rooms have one double and one single bed. They do not have a volcano view and can sleep up to three people. Junior Suites - these suites have two queen size beds, air conditioning, mini bar, hairdryer, satellite TV, and a private parking lot. They have a volcano view and can sleep up to four people. Master Suites - these suites have two queen size beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, hairdryer, private terrace, coffee maker, satellite TV, bathrobes, and an iron. They have a volcano view and can sleep up to four people. Honeymoon Suite - this suite has one queen size bed, air conditioning, mini fridge, bathtub, hairdryer, coffee maker, private terrace, satellite TV, PC station, and a private parking lot. It has a volcano view and can sleep up to two people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Linda Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linda Vista Del Norte Hotel
- Hotel Linda Vista Del Norte
- Linda Vista Hotel Costa Rica/El Castillo