Fern Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Coton in the Elms
See available hotels
View Hotel
Travelodge Burton A38 Northbound(Barton-under-Needwood)
Riverside Hotel(Branston)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Grail Court Hotel(Burton upon Trent)
Ramada Hotel(Tamworth)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We stayed here for the bank holiday weekend in the Blue Room - an extremely comfortable and well equipped room. Heather and Peter, and their two cats Dilly and Kane, made us feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble including breakfast at 6am on Bank Holiday morning as we had to leave early for our flight home. This is the best B&B we've stayed in and we will certainly stay there again when we visit the area in future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SopsChannelIslands
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed at Fern Cottage for 3 nights, as I was going on a day course near by and thought we could visit the Peak District at the same time. Heather was so accommodating, catering to our individual needs, she was very friendly and helpful - lent us maps and books when we went on a day trip to the Peak District. The breakfast was amazing but I think we each gained a couple KG's after that weekend!! :) but all worth it ......... The room was lovely, we had the water bed which took a bit of getting used to, but was very comfortable once we did! Was a really lovely weekend!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We stayed here while my brother attended the Download festival, it was in the perfect location. Heather was a brilliant host, super friendly and accomodating. My husband and myself had the Green Room with the mud bed which was amazingly comfortable! We'd never slept on a water bed before so didn't know what to expect, thought it would move too much, but was pleasantly suprised! It didn't move at all, because it's mud. Very comfortable, we wanted to take it home with us!! My mum and brother had the Blue Room which was also very nice. Both very cozy and clean. The location was perfect, very peaceful! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, would recommend!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Myself, my dad and my 2 year old son stayed here after a fun packed day at the nearby Thomas Land at Drayton Manor. I had never stayed at a B & B before and wasn't really sure what to expect - when deciding Heather had swung my decision to Fern Cottage by offering a small room for my son across the hall from a twin room - meaning we don't all have to go to bed at 7pm which was great! When we arrived we were greeted very warmly by Heather and Peter with mugs of tea and dinner recommendations of where we could go locally with a 2 year old in tow. The decor of the house is gorgeous, and everything and more you would expect from a country B & B - even down to the ducks that live next door and the real well (of course it is covered to avoid danger). The garden is well maintained and lovely to sit out on, and there is a brook just over the road where the ducks swim - idyllic. The room (the blue room) was spacious and very comfortable, with full tea facilities and fresh milk left on ice to last us the night! Heather & Peter had a list of nearby pubs & restaurants with their reviews which was very handy, we ended up at a gastro pub called the Cricketts which was excellent and very reasonable priced - and more importantly child friendly :-) Breakfast was a sumptious affair, even my normally picky 2 year old dived straight in. There is plenty to help yourself from, including fresh fruit salad and cereals, and a menu to select a good old fashioned english breakfast in any which way you please, and even the choice to have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Heather was also very accommodating for my dad who has coeliacs disease (no wheat), she served him his separate toast so he could enjoy his meal as much as the rest of us. We would certainly return and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2009

A lovely cottage in a charming village with a pub across the road!
The perfumed smell of roses greets you as you approach the door. Heather could not be more friendly and helpful.
We stayed in the green room with a water bed and an en suite wet room. The standart of cleanliness was extremely high.
There was plenty of tea and coffee as well as biscuits. Bottled water is also supplied.
The choice of breakfast as well as the standart of cooking is really special. Plenty cereal, fresh fruit just made, stewed fresh rhubarb with honey and ginger are to start. Cooked breakfast with local produce as well as scrambled eggs with smoked salmon or chives. Plenty tea and coffee and toast with homemade preserves which are delicious and are available to buy - we did!
I would highly recommend Fern Cottage, and hope to go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple