“Excellent”

Add it.
Darjeeling
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I believe this restaurant is now called the Spice Lounge. Its a Bangladeshi restaurant in an old pub in Coton in the Elms, very close to Rosliston Forestry Centre.. It has excellent food and service. The chicken tikka biryani was particularly good.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Been here a few times now and its highly recommended ! The Service is spot on and the staff are friendly and attentive without being over the top, Owner\manager takes the time to talk to you and ensure everything is spot on, The food is always served promptly and well presented and although it looks like small portions its deceiving as the plates are large so you find its plenty theres good choice and tastes great, Drinks aren't expensive and good range so no problem there. I'd advise booking as they do get busy at weekends, We always have poppadoms, starters, mains and normally deserts with maybe two drinks each and cost is on average £60-70 which i think is great value for good quality in a good setting. And for a nice touch we've always been offered a free drink of our choice at the end of our meal, Top marks from us.! !

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The restaurant is now called Spice Lounge. Never went when it was Darjeeling but Spice Lounge is pretty unbeatable. 15 of us went last week for my birthday. They do a '4 course' meal for £9.99 which is an absolute bargain (although it is 3 courses really). Poppadoms and chutneys, good variety of starters (I've had prawn puree & chicken chaat and both were lovely), large variety of curries with either rice or naan bread - what a bargain!! The staff are all really friendly too - at the end of the meal one of the staff (manager I think) asked what the occasion was. When I told him it was my birthday he offered not just me, but all 15 of us a free drink. What a nice man! 20% off takeaways and they also deliver locally - the nicest curry I've had in ages and at a really good price.

1  Thank LisaJane1975
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just visited this restaurant for the first time and we have to say we were not disapointed. The attention to detail with the food was amazing. We will definately be returning soon

2  Thank foodlover1089
Reviewed 13 January 2012

have now been to the former darjeeling three times in the past 2wks it has changed hands and is now ths spice lounge and is cracking food with great guys working their.We live in the village so its on the doorstep but i would still say it is worth the petrol money or a taxi fare.They are also starting a £9.99 starter main and naan which is worth a punt GIVE IT A GO

2  Thank mimimacushla