“Happily Surprised”
Review of Mahon's Hotel

Mahon's Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvinestown
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had visited Mahon's hotel in Irvinestown before, but only for dinner. This was our first time staying. The room was everything we could ask for, and more, we stayed in room 107. The room was large and airy, it had a huge bed, comfortable pillows and duvet. Tea/coffee making facilities, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tv, bath & overhead shower. Plenty of hot water, toiletries and fluffy towels. The staff were friendly and helpful as was Joe the owner. We stayed for dinner and once again the food was great. The breakfast in the morning was excellent, good quality and plenty of choice and served with a smile. Will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Room 107 was at the bottom of the corridor so there was no passing traffic. Blackout curtains and d...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetraveltooni
roosterIrvinestown, Owner at Mahon's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank- you lovetraveltooni for your kind review of our hotel that we have so much pride in . It is nice to read reviews about the hotel that are really what our hotel is about.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit and it was good talking to you maybe next time you might stay a bit longer, and thank you for putting up the photos showing what the rooms are like from a customer view.
I hope to see you again

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed last weekend for first time craic brilliant food excellent and room spotless food and drink very reasonably priced compared to other hotels I have stayed in .The staff are a credit to the hotel.Irvinestown a lovely town with friendly people.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank drumharvey
Reviewed 15 April 2014

12th 13th April Thank you to all the staff and that man Joe had great time we will be back great food and drink at very good price.The room was good size and very large comfortable bed.People who complain about this hotel must be born with silver spoon in their mouth..SEE U SOON TY

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
roosterIrvinestown, Owner at Mahon's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you 190 jim Belfast for your kind review you know what the hotel is like and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. Your review brought a smile back to the staff again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The reception area was very unimpressive but the room we were put it in was shocking the smell of urine was horrendous.

The bar area was dirty, the seats uncomfortable and the carpet disgusting.

Will never ever be back its a dirty, filthy and not fit to be classed as a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Ciara L

I am very disappointed to read this review, the mahon family have been in business now for 130 years and have always had a good relationship with their customers, who have returned time and time again to use our facilities and this is shown in all the other reviews about our hotel, which I and all the family and staff have great pride in.
I cannot understand why this customer posted such a bad review, I sent a private mesage to them and was told that is what tripadvisor is for.
If that is how this customer feels I will have to accept it but I knowl and our excellent staff know that this is not Mahon's Hotel that we have great pride in.
And Can I just say that on the booking you made you never told us that there was a dog in the room as well we only found that out when you checked out after a very short time in our hotel, so maybe that where the smell of urine came from, which we had to deep clean the room after you left. I know now why you asked for a ground floor room to sneak the dog in.
And as for the bar seats and carpet I wish you had have stayed in the hotel a little bit longer to see them .
I will leave it to the rest of my loyal customers to make up their own minds on this review and hopefully they will post up what the hotel is really like

Reviewed 23 February 2014

21st 23rd Feb. We have just returned from a great weekend in Mahon's hotel, as always I look for faults but could not find one I had booked a party of 10 through a tour company and they gave us rooms together as requested the staff where waiting at the door to welcome us and help take our cases to are rooms that where very clean and comfortable. the food was of a very high stardered and the portions were large. the staff where always pleasant and helpfull even when I ask had they a spare magazine she could lend my friend the young girl at reception readily gave me one for her. Joe the man himself did his party piece both night and had us all in fits of laughter we sure would recommend Mahon's Hotel and my hubbby and I will be going back in the near future

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eleanor C

Eleanor thank-you for your review on your visit to Mahon's Hotel. I am glad you all enjoyed your visit and you enjoyed the hospitality and the craic. Hope to see you all again and I might have learned a few more songs by then

Reviewed 9 February 2014

went for a short break ( 31st jan- 3rd feb 2014 ) excellant from we arrived to leaving, the bedroom in the new building was very large and spotless, cleaned every day and fresh towels provided, the food was of a very high standard ( and plenty of it) any meals we purchased were well priced, service was first class, the entertainment was very good, and joe mahon went out of his way to make everyone welcome, have to say paddy and joe have a great act going, staying up late to see it was well worth while, the craic with the locals ( some of them come 15 miles ) was brilliant, this was our 5th time in mahons, and (dv) we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank norman c

norma
Thank you for your review about our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed the hospitality and especially me and Paddy singing.
Your comment re rooms being spotlessly clean is much appreciated , we have did a lot of refurbishement over the last few years and are proud of what the hotel has turned out to be especially the new car park, with all the extra parking.
hope to see you again Norman for the 6th time

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent stay had by both couples in mahons recommended to us by friends. From start to finish we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and plenty of Craic was had. Excellent staff very attentive and friendly. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and had breakfast the next morning in the hotel and it was beautiful. Entertainment on the Saturday evening was great and there were two other bars nearby if you fancied venturing out of mahons. Will certainly be back. Well done!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvinestown
Belmore Court Motel
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
The Valley Hotel
The Valley Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fivemiletown

Been to Mahon's Hotel? Share your experiences!