“A great spot!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Puch
Lynn, Massachusetts
“A great spot!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed two nights and would gladly do it again. The staff is extremely kind and courteous. Our room was on the third floor..immaculate! My only problem is that smoking is allowed in the bar (but noy the restaurants). It would have been nice to enjoy a drink without the smoke. The breakfast was expansive, fresh, and delicious. The bus into Salzburg is a short block away. Two thumbs up overall!

Room Tip: Wifi did not work in our room...we had to go to the lobby, bar, or restaurants on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kathleen C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at Gasthof zum Kirchenwirt for almost 2 weeks. Overall, I have to admit it is a great hotel.
- The wellness centre was amazing. Went in the sauna, steam room, cold showers etc, everyday.
- Had breakfast included. We had many foods to choose from which was also great.
- I recommend their restaurant/bar. We had dinner and drinks there every evening. Coke is more expensive than beer, so we just had beer (haha!)

The only downsides were:
- The internet connection in the room is awful. We were a group of over 20 people none of us had a good connection in the room. Might need to look in to that.
- The church across the road made it hard to sleep. They ring the bell every 15 minutes, no matter what time it is, and at 6 o'clock you get that bell's ringing for 3-5 minutes continuously.

Room Tip: 1. Don't get a room facing the church. 2. Have some fun in the bar. The bartender will get you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This hotel, just outside Salzburg, offers the perfect stay for families with comfortable and clean rooms and a wonderful breakfast with helpful staff. They have a cafè for smokers and another dining area for non- smokers. Pets are welcome, too.
We enjoyed our stay here and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We slept with the windows open and therefore heard the Sunday morning bells. Perhaps simply closing...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pdhitaly
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

On travelling through Austria, we elected to stop over for a 1 night stay at Gastof zum Kirchenwirt in Puch (near the town of Hallein), having been recommended by a local.

The hotel is family run and situated amongst a picturesque mountainous background approximately 15 minutes south of Salzburg (there is a bus service into Salzburg), with free parking readily available, either in front of the building or in the car park across the road.

Our “comfort double room” (price 98 euros) which was located on the second floor was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet, with typical Bavarian furnishings (although bathroom was surprisingly tiny). A small balcony was off the room providing lovely mountain views. Wi-fi was available free of charge and worked without a problem from our room. As an added bonus, the hotel has a lift operating between all floors.

At the time of our stay, a wedding was being held, so evening restaurant dining meal choices were somewhat limited, however, both the quality and quantity of the food on offer could not be faulted, whilst the prices were also very good.

The owner of the hotel also made a point of briefly introducing himself to all guests who were dining which was a nice touch and the overall quality of service from all staff during our stay was pleasant and friendly.

Breakfast comprised a standard buffet selection of cereals, fruits, cold meats, breads, pastries etc although basic but quite satisfactory.

It is also worth mentioning that the hotel has an excellent wellness facility comprising sauna, steam room, spa, relaxation room and other additional facilities which are open from mid-afternoon until 9pm in the evening.

Overall, we had a very pleasant brief stay and would recommend this 3 star hotel as an ideal location for persons not wishing to stay in Salzburg itself. The hotel also accepts Visa and Mastercard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Alpine views and a reasonably sized bathroom
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bowoodforest
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 August 2012

If you want to forget about crowded places, if you want to taste the freedom far from the city and enjoy the fresh air, if you want to "taste" the austrian atmosphere in a friendly environment, this place it's a perfect place. If you want something else than all these mentioned above....for sure Puch bei Salzburg and Gasthof zum Kirchenwirt can not help :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was an excellent hotel and I would definitely stay here again. I am a female traveling along on business and I felt very comfortable at this hotel. I was here for 3 nights. The rooms are clean. The breakfast is good with fresh bread from the bakery and their own restaurant. I enjoyed trying the Austrian food in the restaurant but be aware that the eating area at the bar is for smokers but they also have a non-smoking room where you can eat. I didn't know that so I suffered the smoke for 2 nights. But the atmosphere in the smoking room actually has more character than the non-smoking room so I still enjoyed it.

Here is something really nice: It was raining and the hotel owner knew I had to walk to the university. First he offered me an umbrella. Then I think he felt really sorry for me because he offered to drive me there himself. I took him up on it and we went straight to his car. How nice is that???? All of the staff were really helpful and kind. I would come back here in a second. The hotel is an excellent value for the price. I give it my highest recommendation and I travel a lot on business. I loved it!

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the north side. You get some noise from the street but it didn't really...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gamera13
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I, along with my parents, stayed at this guesthouse for 2 nights while visiting the Salzburg area. A great choice!

The rooms gave us a lot of space to spread out. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows you sank into after a long day of touring. The shower and toilet were in separate areas, which was a little odd. Shower had good temperature control and pressure. Plenty of counter space. Used the hairdryer, good working order. Plenty of closet space with ample hangers and a laundry bag. The breakfast was ok...cereals, fruits, pastries, meats, drip coffee, tea, and juice. We ate in the restaurant the night before we departed Salzburg. Nice waitstaff and was attentive to our needs. Had a nicely arranged cheese plate (found out I don't like Munster cheese), meat dish with french fries, and pasta. Nice local Riesling wine to accomodate our meals, too. The location was good, close to the main highway to Salzburg (about a 15 minute drive). Our rooms were overlooking a neighborhood and the village of Puch. One morning, we briefly watched the sheep roam up a nearby hill. My Dad used the free WiFi in their room and had good signal strength the entire time. My Mom appreciated the small decorative details to each room and the entire building, very charming. All staff here were pleasant and eager to help. Note that they do not accept credit cards for payment, but cash only.

Would recommend this guesthouse in Puch to those who are looking for an alternative to staying in Salzburg.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 1hotam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puch
7 Days Premium Salzburg- Puch
#2 of 5 in Anif
Hotel Restaurant Kaiserhof
Hotel Restaurant Kaiserhof
#67 of 132 in Salzburg

Been to Gasthof zum Kirchenwirt? Share your experiences!