“Warm and welcoming”

Bassingers Motor Lodge
Bassingers Motor Lodge
Ranked #5 of 15 Levin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I spent the night at Bassingers on our recent trip. Our accommodation was very clean and comfortable and spacious. Gary, the Manager, could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bassingers Motor Lodge

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My wife and I stay in Levin often and after staying here , We will never stay anywhere else . The rooms are all very clean and comfortable . We feel at home and Garry and Monica are always very friendly and go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, we highly recommend this motel and give 5 stars and look forward to our next stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Possum T
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The room was very clean and staff are very helpful and hospitable. Would recommend and I give it 5 stars. My child loved it lot and enjoyed the stay. The motel manager helped us with his car and service was spot on.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed one night at this motor lodge, on Xmas Eve. The reception/manager was polite and efficient, the room was large and clean and well appointed and the car park broad enough to easily accommodate our large SUV.
The cooked breakfast was very well presented and beautifully cooked just right, with quality ingredients, and the serving generous, for a very reasonable price.
The only negative , which we did, in truth expect, was a bit of night noise as the motor lodge is between State Highway 1 and the Main Trunk rail line. Despite that, the bed was comfortable and well sprung and a reasonable night's sleep was had by both of us, despite trains, trucks etc
Would I stay here again?? yes, think I would!

Room Tip: Probably slightly less noise at a lower pitch, the closer to the office you are.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was nearly midnight which I could not drive anymore. After parking the van, I pushed the night bell, and got Garry out of bed. He sold me his last available room. He was now full up on a Sunday night. I left at 6 AM for The Picton Ferry.
I returned on Wednesday afternoon, and Monica sold me their last room, what a busy motel.
The studio was very clean and tidy. It was perfect to me.
I travel up and down New Zealand and will now always try to stay at Bassingers. The rooms are great, so is the service

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our first impressions of this Motel were good. Nice modern, clean and quiet motel. The bed was very comfortable but the quiet bit ended when the first Wellington to Auckland train came through the back of the motel (thanks for tooting train driver). Well that's what it sounded like in wee early hours. So if you want a great nights sleep stay in the motel across the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

On travelling down from Auckland after an overseas cruise, we felt we need to stop for an overnight rest - found this motel, very appealing from the road. We were greeted by Garry (a very friendly & jovial character) and requested a Studio Suite, but he upgraded us to a lovely 1 Bedroom Suite with a Spa. The suite was very clean and comfortable - unfortunately you cannot get away from the trains in Levin. I note that the previous guest to review this motel had stayed in 2 other motels in Levin also whereby he experienced train noise.All in all a very good stay and would not hesitate in returning should the need arise.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple