About 4 km down a twisty turny road to this gorgeous property flanked by mountains, a river, a waterfall, and beautiful flowers everywhere. I truly felt that I found paradise! The property consists of multiple buildings. We stayed in room #10. It was a basic room with 2 beds, a closet, a bathroom...and a heater that they come and light at 5pm because it does get chilly at night! The bed was comfortable and the shower was awesome! The only down side to the room was that the lighting was quite dim. We really didn't spend much time in the room though so it didn't really matter. There was a rocking chair on the porch and we had a beautiful view of the river. Everything was clean and comfy. There is a "living room" in another building where you can watch DVD's or read books. There's a bar with a pool table and they serve snacks there. They have a cute little shop where I bought some gifts. Outside you can wander around the property through the trout ponds and gardens or you can wander off to the hiking trails which wind by the river/waterfall. They also have 8 zip lines through the woods ($35 per person). There are lots of little places where they've placed benches and chairs for you to sit and relax. We had dinner there one night ($18.75 per person w/tip and tax included). Of course the specialty is trout caught from their ponds and our meals were good. The dessert was not so good. Breakfast in the morning was nice as well. We did the guided Quetzal hike in the morning ($18 per person). We did see the quetzals but I did feel that it was overpriced for what it was. They are putting in a sauna and hot tub near the river which I think will be a great addition. We were told it should be ready in the next few months. I believe they have horseback riding too and they said there is a spa service that would come to the hotel if we liked. I felt this was a great place to stay, very reasonably priced, and I wish we had stayed one more day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the mystic Valley of San Gerardo de Dota, surrounded by a collage of green and blue colored mountains, multi-shaded flowers and impressive oak trees, Trogon Lodge is the ideal spot to enjoy the heart of nature, in a peaceful environment, quiet and magical. The Lodge features 22 standard rooms and one standard superior room, surrounded by beautiful gardens, the Savegre River and the mountains. The Lodge offers restaurant, bar, trout ponds, and free WIFI access in public areas. Activities include insite canopy tour, nature trails for guided and selfguided walks, horseback riding, and birdwatching trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Trogon Lodge San Gerardo de Dota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Hotel San Gerardo De Dota
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Costa Rica