Trogon Logde is a beautiful and amazing place near "Cerro de la muerte" for bird watching, relaxing and hiking through the cloud forest. We stayed for two nights and made the Quetzal tour. Greivin was a well qualified guide and we were happy to find the Quetzal (male and female) around the nest.
In our large, clean and cozy rooms we had a gas-heater (very helpful at 10°C) and the stuff brought hot-water bags to warm the bed. The garden is a dream! A good place to watch hummingbirds, lizards and butterflies.
Breakfast was opulent - we could choose between several Costa Rican style offers.
Dinner - à la carte - no large portions but enough.
Bar: nice place with Billards and a Music box.
For bird watching a good place and less touristic than Monteverde.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the mystic Valley of San Gerardo de Dota, surrounded by a collage of green and blue colored mountains, multi-shaded flowers and impressive oak trees, Trogon Lodge is the ideal spot to enjoy the heart of nature, in a peaceful environment, quiet and magical. The Lodge features 22 standard rooms and one standard superior room, surrounded by beautiful gardens, the Savegre River and the mountains. The Lodge offers restaurant, bar, trout ponds, and free WIFI access in public areas. Activities include insite canopy tour, nature trails for guided and selfguided walks, horseback riding, and birdwatching trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trogon Lodge San Gerardo de Dota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Hotel San Gerardo De Dota
- Trogon Lodge San Gerardo De Dota Costa Rica