“Decent but not great”
Review of St Gothard Hotel

St Gothard Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Erts
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel was very clean and in the lobby had a lovely atmosphere. Check in was quick and easy, however took me and my friend a while to find our room, mainly because there was a few different lifts leading to different sections of the hotel.
The location I found wasn't too bad. Yes a little walk from the gondola and bars/restaurants but a walk I didn't mind doing, also there was a free bus which came in handy to take me too and from the gondola in all my ski gear, sometimes a little late.
We paid for the hot tub/sauna which costs 6 Euro for half an hour, and we got in the hot tub and it was barely warm. Would not call it a hot tub!
The rooms were okay, the beds were very comfy! However, the water was not very hot. As much as I wanted to run a hot bath I could not do so, and a lot of the time the shower did not reach a comfortably hot temperature!
Also, I got my perfume stolen, and our friends next door got their iPad stolen. I guess this was our fault for not renting a safe, however I expected in a 4* hotel for this not to happen.
Overall for the money it was a good hotel!

Room Tip: Rent a safe Don't bother with the hot tub/sauna
5  Thank Mellyeh

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friend and I recently got back after a week staying here and have nothing but praise for the hotel and the staff. We had a lovely twin room at the back of the hotel with a spacious balcony overlooking the pretty river. It was a good size, as was the bathroom and we had a large wardrobe as well, which was plenty big enough for both of us. We were full board and ate in the restaurant for breakfast and most dinners - the food was surprisingly decent considering it is trying to cater for so many people and nationalities. There was always a varied selection, breakfast was my favourite as you could squeeze your own orange juice (juicer in the corner where the cereals are) and really set yourself up for the day - we found we often didn't want lunch until about 3 or 4pm. The waiters were great, really friendly and helpful - I'd like to say "hola" to Ramon who was our favourite! Reception staff and everyone else we came across were also really nice, I was surprised to read some of the reviews to the contrary and we really did find them to be very good. In terms of location, again I'm surprised by some of the negative comments. It's true that the hotel is situated the furthest away of the hotels from the gondola, but it's only a 10-15 minute walk up there so it's hardly a killer. There is also a free bus which I took every day and was completely reliable (my friend walked but as the weather was so warm I didn't fancy it in full on ski gear). It seems to me that with both of those choices location isn't an issue, and in fact I viewed it as a positive as the bars and main nightlife are all close to the gondola so it meant you didn't get loads of noise at night. We didn't find it a problem walking back from the bars and restaurants at night, it's downhill and not that far plus it's a nice walk in a place that feels safe. I'd recommend that you hire a locker for the week at the slopes as well - it cost us 40 Euros for the week but you can leave all your stuff in it overnight and there's enough room in there for 2 people to store stuff. We left our skis, boots and poles there so that meant our journey to and from the slopes was nice and easy as well. We used the spa one day, which was 6 Euros each and you can use the Jacuzzi and sauna, both of which were really nice and relaxed us a treat. We had a fantastic holiday and didn't want to come back, the St Gothard certainly played its part in that and I'd like to thank everyone at the hotel who made our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kaston2014
St-Gothard H, Dpto. Control de Calidad at St Gothard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Customer

Thank you for the opinion published by you on tripadvisor on the Hotel st. Gothard. It makes us a description of our services and location that corresponds with what we offer to our clients, a hotel next to the ski slopes (800 mts ofthe Gondola), with a family atmosphere with entertainment and cad night in the bar.

As for the restaurant, we know it is not easy to offer food that appeal equally to all customers, so we have a selectionof different types of food that change every day. Honestly, the image that you inform us is that we want to offer our customers and within our means better with friendly and helpful treatment.

Kind regards

Quality Department

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Grabbed myself a little ski trip bargain with iglooski in Jan for my 30th Birthday in March, then a few nights nights before we were due to leave I checked out the reviews on here and panic set in! 4/5 really bad reviews in a row doesn't fill you with confidence... On the coach on the way to the hotel I asked the rep if she had heard anything? she was shocked to hear that there had been such a negative response.

Anyway we arrived about 8.30pm and checked in, Manager very friendly and good sense of humour we were H/B so we dumped our luggage and went straight down for dinner... what a selection, I am a pretty fussy eater but was happy to find in the lovely displayed buffet some cooked chicken, salad and warm bread rolls! yum! just what we needed after some 6 hours of travelling.

We hadn't really checked out the rooms, but before going up to bed I rented a safe... (thanks to the reviews on here freaking me out!) 15 euros returnable at the end of the week when you give back the key

Anyway the hotel had some sort of entertainment on every night which we didn't take part in to be honest. They had a games room which I played a few games of pinball (taking me back to my childhood!) and we played a few games of pool, air hockey and table football. We also used the hot tub/sauna a couple of times 6euro each for 30mins, definitely worth it on the second/third day when you are feeling the burn!

The reception area has free wifi, which you can use 24/7 if you needed to! although the rooms don't have tea/coffee facilities you could get hot/cold drinks at the bar and take them up to your room.

We were on the 4th floor (yes the lift is quite small and 4 is max really, if you are claustrophobic take the stairs!) and our rooms were at the back of the hotel we have a lovely view over the very loud river of water that runs off the mountains. This came in handy actually... we found that a few nights we were too hot and loud drunk people coming up to their rooms was annoying so we opened the balcony door and that solved both problems!

The our balcony had two chairs and I'm a light weight skier so would often be back by 3, it was lovely sat their reading my book until the sunset over the mountain... perfect!

Beds/pillows were great, we had fresh towels everyday!! even though we did hang them up. bedsheets were changed in the middle of the week. Room was spotless, we used the safe so there was no worry there, and by the end of the week I was leaving change on the side and it didn't move...

Breakfast... the best bit of this hotel... you could choose from cooked breakfast, cereals, pastries, biscuits, doughnuts! lots of fruit, juices, tea, coffee or hotchoc, they even opened the restaurant the morning we were departing at 3.30am!

There is a free bus that takes you up to the gondola -
tip if you are with Neilson/Crystal... don't bother with their cages, pay the extra for a locker and then you can keep your boots up there too - Arinsal has hire places at the bottom of the slopes so its really convenient...

Lovely spending my 30th with up the mountains and then chilling in the hotel in the afternoon/evening, great week for the snow as the week before was bad, would stay again if we wanted to return to Andorra for a ski holiday in the future...

Considering what we paid this hotel outshines other places we have stayed on a similar budget in the past.

Room Tip: ask for the 3/4 floor....then you wont have to hear the entertainment rooms at the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lady_Bug_84_12
St-Gothard H, Departamento de calidad at St Gothard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Customer

After see your opinion about our hotel in tripadvidor, we want to express our gratitude for having had the posibildad know the point of view of our customers for this opion to improve our facilities and services, and offer more services to our guests advise us appreciate it in your next stay
For all this, take note of their suggestions in order to apply them the next time you decide to visit

Quality department

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a large hotel and very busy at times. The rooms were nice and warm,however cold outside. Ther was a log burning stove in the bar area. There was entertainment at night and the facilities were good for young people and teenagers. The staff were helpful. The food was plentiful and different dishes each night. Sometimes there was not a lot of choice for vegetarians but there was always something. The beds were comfortable and not too hard. There was a hot tub and sauna but you had to pay extra which was a shame as it meant it was hardly used. For skiing it is a good walk up hill to the gondola and the buses were not reliable. They did not stick to time tables and once we had to wait for nearly an hour. This was not the hotels fault but they really need more buses in resort at peek times . Overall we had a good time and thank the hotel staff for making us so welcome.

1  Thank Jackie S
St-Gothard H, Dpto. control de calidad at St Gothard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Customer

First we want to said you thank you have put the opinon during your stay on Tripadvisor about our facilities and services. We try every day to improve our services every day, following their opinions, and also inform the ski resort of the suggestions that describes regarding the frequency of bus service to the ski slopes. It is very important for us to inform our partners (Vallnord resort) on the services they offer and that our customers want to be better

Quality Department

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My friend and I, both first-time skiiers and in our 20s went to Andorra for our first ski holiday. The hotel wasn't near enough the slopes, you had to get a bus which could take up to an hour to arrive, après ski isn't great, and the food at the hotel is edible, that's about it. It's pretty greasy and doesn't feel very fresh. If you're going to ski, don't go to Andorra and if you do, stay at the foot of the gondola, not somewhere you have to rely on buses. Went to the spa in the town centre, was pretty average for the money but a nice enough day out. It was French and Spanish half-terms, so the hotel was riddled with families. THE SPA IS NOT FREE - 6 EURO'S A TIME AND ITS NOT MASSIVELY WARM. One recommendation though, the hot chocolate is nice in the hotel! The staff were fairly abrupt and not that helpful. We went with Neilsons holidays and never again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Columbus118
St-Gothard H, Departamento de control de calidad at St Gothard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Customer

After to see your opinion about our hotel in tripadvidor, we express our gratitude for having had the chance to know your point of view in order to improve our facilities and services.
We know that our hotel is not in the center of the ski resort, so the station seeks to serve customers suttle service to access tracks with high requency 08:30 h to 10:00 h and less often after.
We regret that the summary of your holiday has not been nice to you, and we can assure you that we have taken note of his instructions regarding our facilities and the services we offer our partners in the ski resort.

Quality department

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Considering the low cost, I thought the hotel was great. We asked for a room change due to noisy neighbours and that was no problem. The rooms were well presented and well cleaned. The food was fair for a buffet but there are good cheap local options for a change. Shower and bath were good and the spa (at 6 euros for 30 mins) was lovely too. The hotel in General was very hot and I needed the door open all night even after turning the heat off.

The staff were generally helpful and free wifi in the lounge was very useful.
The hotel is less than 10 mins walk from the gondola but there is a free bus if you have kit to carry (we rented a locker on the slopes which was 42 euros for the week and well worth it).

The entertainment provided by Danielle and Amy provided some fun in the evenings and I really enjoyed the quiz night.

I'd be happy to go back!

Room Tip: Go for the back of the hotel over looking the river and higher floors seemed better. Ask to be away...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
St-Gothard H, Dpto. control de calidad at St Gothard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Customer

First we want to thank you have put the opinon during your stay on Tripadvisor about our facilities and services. We try every day to improve our services every day, following their opinions, and also inform the ski resort in reference to the opinion about the bus service to the ski lift. It is also very important for us to inform our partners (Vallnord resort) on the services they offer.
We like to know that our entertainment services is your satisfaction as well as the rest of seficios, and it will have in the future again among our customers

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a couple for a weeks skiing with topflight! Reading pervious reviews we had requested a room with a double bed with a balcony. Unfortunately it was a room above the lobby so we could hear evening entertainment clear in room also doors banging if you dont want the entertainers keeping you awake request a room in upper floor. Room was clean and spacious for 2 ppl and loads of storage room. Room cleaned and fresh towels everyday was great! Room is very warm you don't seem to be able to control it.
Food was average we didnt know what to expect on a ski holiday I did find food got cold very quick if you arent a quick eater! Evening meals was hit and miss if your fussy. Soup for starters was always good thou! Desert was good dont miss the small tubs of ice cream in fridge! Breakfast was great brilliant choice although I wasnt so sure on sausages!! Scrambled egg was amazing also the orange juice! Also having an early transfer on sunday morning there was breakfast from 3:30 which was great!
I would advise taking key for safe for 15 euro which is refundable if key returned, having read previous reviews we thought this would be safest option! We had no probelms with theft!
Staff were brilliant in bar area and restaurant very friendly and always smiling, I didn't find reception staff very friendly got ignored while trying to check in. After a long bus journey a unpleasant man at reception didnt make it any better! Other staff made up for it!
It is a long walk up hill to lift but free bus is great! Its a nice walk in evening when coming back down! However to walk back to pubs later is annoying.
Overall average hotel but if we were to go to resort again think we will chose a hotel closer to lift and bars!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jan9093

Dear Customer

Then see your opinion about our hotel in tripadvidor, we express our gratitude for having had the posibildad its point of view in order to improve our facilities and services.

Best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erts
Hotel Spa Princesa Parc
#3 of 12 in Arinsal
Mola Park Atiram Hotel
Mola Park Atiram Hotel
#1 of 29 in Escaldes-Engordany

Been to St Gothard Hotel? Share your experiences!