“Great breakfast and not a bad price but not on my revisit list”
Review of Glenferrie Lodge

Glenferrie Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Kirribilli B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Great breakfast and not a bad price but not on my revisit list”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The breakfast was the best thing.
We had a triple room which was quite small and very basic.
The shared bathrooms didn't have any available dry floor space.
No lifts so I had to get help getting my 22kg bag up 2 flights of stairs.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rachel8213
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Rachel,
Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed the breakfast and the good value of the hotel. You did mention the bathrooms, we are in the process of upgrading them with the rest of the hotel and I will note your suggestion for dry storage. I have ordered hooks for all the bathrooms and the showers will also have shelves to put personal items. We don't have an elevator, however we do try to help our guests with their luggage when we can. I hope we were able to assist you in this regard.

Again thanks for your review and I'm sorry we are not on your return list. Please do consider a return visit as we are constantly improving and I think you'll find the rooms and bathrooms to be considerably different in the very near future. I have a container of furniture which is due in 3 weeks which will transform the rooms and the custom bedroom cabinetry is currently being manufactured.

Jean-Claude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Glenferrie. Professional, clean and accommodating. Love the hearty breakfasts and the scenery is priceless. A great way to spend quality time away while on business. Thankyou, i will be back again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank MaryGalouzis
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Mary Galouzis,
Thank you for your review of Glenferrie Lodge. We appreciate you being a return guest and hope that you will visit us again soon. I'm very pleased that you like our hearty breakfasts and our lovely location.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My kids and I stated here 2 nights!! Well all I have to say is WHAT value for money! -
- Cleanliness ****
- Friendliness of staff *****
- Room ****
- Breakfast *****
We loved how close it was to all attractions, hop skip & jump to the Opera House & City Centre, short walk to Lunar Park & Kirribilli House. Fab eateries close by! If I come to Sydney again, I'll definately come back!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bernice H
Dear Bernice,
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We sincerely appreciate the feedback. and that you noted how clean the Lodge was and also the friendliness of the staff.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your return visit.

Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Glenferrie Lodge last week and have also stayed on quite a few occasions over the past few years and would definitely recommend it as the place to stay when you are in Sydney. The hotel is always clean and the rooms are great, I had a queen room with balcony which had a fantastic view over the harbour. The bed was really comfortable and all linen and towels were spotlessly clean. The breakfast room had been improved since my last visit and it looks like there are more improvements going on throughout the hotel.

This hotel is one of those great finds in a great city, you can have a fantastic day out in the hustle and bustle of the city, then return to the peace and quiet of the Glenferrie Lodge in the evening and it is like another world. Hidden away in a quiet street in Kirribilli, 2 minutes from the ferry (which is only a 6 minute ferry ride from the city), and only a short stroll to Kirribilli centre where there are some great places to eat.

All in all, a great place - thanks and I will definitely return the next time I am in Sydney.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary_M_Shea
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Gary,
Your review is lovely. Thank you so much. I actually printed it out and showed all the staff as we are really pleased that you like the lodge so much. Yes we have made a few changes and will be making more, in the next month our new furniture arrives and as you noted we've already changed all the beds to lovely Sealy Pillow top mattress's. Soon the bathrooms are being renovated. The hotel isn't for everyone as it has shared bathrooms for most rooms but given it's location and the price I think many people such as yourself appreciate it's a wonderful place to stay.

Thanks again for the brilliant review and we all look forward to your return visit.

UK
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights in June. The location of this guest house is remarkable considering the price. It is a few streets away from Sidney Harbour Bridge and a view of the Opera House. Minutes from the ferry across to the city and the Rock. The room is just a room, no toilet, no wash facilities - these are down at the end of the corridor, no plugs in washbasins. I did ask reception for one but it never appeared. Breakfast is quite good with a variety of options on offer. Not my cup of tea, but if you don't mind sharing bathrooms/toilets and being in a premium type of backpacker hostel, the price is very good for location. Marcusuk

1 Thank MosesUk
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Marcus,
Thank you for your review. I note you like the location and yes it's superb. We do try to keep prices very low and as such we don't have ensuites. Yes we are not a 5 star hotel but we don't pretend to be. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast. I am also sorry that we didn't have any plugs for the basins, we are in the process of replacing all the bathroom fixtures and the new sinks have plugs built in.

Thanks again for your review

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Glenferrie has to be the best value accommodation in Sydney. The guest house is in pristine condition with comfortable furnishings to make you feel at home. The homely atmosphere reminded us of a visit to the golden era of guest houses of the past. Just 200 metres leisurely walk from the Kirribilli Ferry wharf it is so easy to explore Sydney by public transport from the lodge. Rooms are spotless with comfortable beds, TV, heaters, tea and coffee making facilities.
Shared bathrooms are modern, clean and plentiful for the clientele. A hearty full breakfast (served in the breakfast room) is included in the tariff. Staff are friendly and the garden would be a haven in the warmer months.

Room Tip: We chose a standard double room ($79) and were extremely happy with the size of the room, the furnit...
1 Thank Gemlister
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Gemlister,
firstly Wow. and secondly sincerely thank you. That is a lovely review. It makes me so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We really do try to ensure Glenferrie is a lovely place to stay and you absolutely noted it's best attributes. Cleanliness is the most important aspect and I'm really happy that you find it spotlessly clean. I'm actually printing a copy of your review to show all the staff. Thanks soo much I note you are a senior contributor to Trip advisor and it makes your review even more important to us.

Again thank you and we sincerely hope to see you again at Glenferrie soon.

PS in about 1 week our new breakfast buffet should be completed which looks amazing so next time you come I think you'll be impressed by the changes.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Glenferrie Lodge is situated in the charming harbour suburb of Kirribilli in Sydney. Our room was comfortable, and buffet breakfast very good. One draw back is that none of the rooms have ensuite bathrooms, however there are plenty showers and toilets. Glenferrie can be reached by ferry from Circular Quay to Kirribilli wharf. Although it is only a short walk from the wharf to Glenferrie, there are quite a few steps leading up to the street. Those thinking of staying at the lodge need to be aware that the building is 3 stories and has no lift and after hauling bags up the steps from the wharf, some people will not want to carry their baggage up to the second or third floor. If this is the case, it would be better to request a ground floor room. The service was good and staff pleasant. We would stay there again when visiting Sydney.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the ground floor as there is no lift.
1 Thank Aussieuks
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Aussieuks,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very pleased that you found the room to be comfortable and that the buffet breakfast is very good. It is true we only have a couple of ensuite rooms. However we do clean the bathrooms twice a day and there are more than enough to ensure one never has to wait. Also we don't have an elevator, that being said as you mentioned we can accommodate people who can't climb stairs, you only need ask for one of the ground floor rooms and we will ensure it's available for you.

Thanks again for your lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Sydney.

Jean-Claude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirribilli
Harbourside Apartments
#1 of 1 in McMahons Point
The Rocks
Holiday Inn Old Sydney
Holiday Inn Old Sydney
#43 of 177 in Sydney
Park Hyatt Sydney
#4 of 177 in Sydney

Been to Glenferrie Lodge? Share your experiences!