Glenferrie Lodge
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroomcircular quayno liftbreakfast was excellentshort walkcoffee making facilitiestrain stationlovely gardenshared facilitiesopera housemilson's pointceiling fansmall fridgetop floorrooms are smallhash brownsmobility issues
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am very happy with this hotel , great location and great breakfast ,great value.

friendly staffs . all good and this place more feel like a home

pets welcome and also I have free WiFi

walk 10 mins to bridge

will back for sure

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear W X,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the fact that we are Pet friendly. We are one of the very few pet friendly hotels in Sydney and our Pet friendly rooms are very popular.

Also It's very kind of your to refer to the lodge as feeling like home. This is exactly what we aim to do as we want our guests to feel exceptionally welcome.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great Budget Hotel! Good price and services! Extremely +++ to the breakfast! A great variety of choices and top tastes! Will definately come back and recommend to all my friends who are travelling to Sydney! Thank you! Very good experience!

Room Tip: A few rooms have water view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ruru 5188,

Thank you for your lovely comments. Especially about our +++ breakfast. We are especially proud of our breakfast and our Chef and the Breakfast staff always ensure it's an excellent and varied spread.

Thanks again and I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed at the Glenferrie Lodge for many years always in August . Very clean and the staff is very attentive and helpful . The all place has being recently refurbished from floor to walls . The communal toilet an showers are totally new with new basin and showers heads. During my last visit i noticed a new and exciting buffet breakfast room and communal area with new tables and chairs . The room i stayed was a single standard perfect for my need . I would recommend Glenferrie Lodge to all my friends and families and i will stay here every time i visit Sydney

Room Tip: rooms at the reception level are the best
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mario194712
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Mario,
It is lovely to read a very long time guest, responding to our recent renovations. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and will ensure that all the staff see your comments. Yes we are very proud of the new dining room and the bathrooms are also looking very good. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to you returning for many more years to come

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place is a home away from home. The best part was it was pet friendly. The newly hotel has just finished updatiing their rooms (with brand new beds!). They're rooms feel modern and the share bathroom's are clean and fresh.They have the best free breakfast included in the room cost. It's located just five minutes walk from the Sydney harbour bridge and Kirribilli ferry stop. big mode killer is parking it's annoying so with two hour parking signs going from Monday to sun 8 am to 10 pm so I push this fact to park your car at a parking station n get a ferry or if you live out of Sydney get a train to central then to city centre and catch the ferry. But this hotel is amazing and most rooms have views of the harbour and a close view of the Sydney harbour bridge.

Room Tip: any room has a view but for dog lovers room 50 is the best for people with dogs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank butler226
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Butler226,
It's with great pleasure that I read your comments about Glenferrie Lodge. Yes we are one of the only pet friendly hotels in Sydney. We have limited rooms that can accommodate pets so we strongly suggest if you wish to bring your pet next time, to book in advance as the rooms are popular. Especially because of the garden. Yes room 50 is an excellent choice as it directly adjoins the garden.

Regarding the parking we do have parking it's available for $20 a night and it's also very popular because yes parking on the street, while easily available is a 2 hour limit and they do check it regularly.

Again thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed there twice now for business in the past couple of weeks and I am very happy with the accommodation. They have great rooms that have recently been refurbished and feel very modern. On my second stay I booked a double room with balcony, and the balcony in my room was very cute and even had a visit from a native lorikeet who sat on the balcony not bothered by my presence. The first time I stayed was in a standard double room and was perfect for what I needed- somewhere to safely keep my things and to sleep. The staff is very welcoming, and the buffet breakfast included in all rates was outstanding! The communal bathrooms were very clean and I never had to wait to use them and were very close to all rooms. The rooms had brand new furniture and tv/fridge/lamps. Its an easy walk or drive down to Kirribilli, the train station, ferry or even Luna Park. It is a quiet and beautiful area where the Lodge is situated, which makes for a very quiet stay, and is right near the Prime Ministers House. I had no hesitation with parking my car on the street in the area (beware, is metered throughout the week). Its also a $20 taxi ride into the CBD and the staff are more than happy to call a taxi for you. I stay here now every time I come down for business (every weekend/second weekend) and they are even very accommodating when I arrive late and after business hours after travelling 2 hrs and they give me very precise instructions on how to access my room. I have recommended Glenferrie Lodge to my friends and I will continue to stay here whenever I come down.

Room Tip: Probably not a good hotel for low mobility or disabled patrons as there is lots of stairs, no elevator and limited ground level accommodation and amenities. Only downside of this hotel unfortunately.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emmaj1992
Jean-Claude B, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Emmaj,
I am sincerely appreciative of your lovely review. All of us at Glenferrie lodge try exceptionally hard to ensure we are the best budget hotel in Sydney and it's really nice to receive reviews such as yours. Also thank you for recommending us to your friends. We sincerely thank you for your patronage and look forward to your return visits.

thanks again