“Great service, location and quality accommodation”
Review of Albergo Lenno

Albergo Lenno
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lenno
Singapore, Singapore
“Great service, location and quality accommodation”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, we had great service at this hotel - nothing was too much trouble and they were well organised. Room was clean and large - we had a small apartment by the pool. Lenno itself is small and very relaxed - a great option for us with young children. There are some good eating options in town or it is also easy to get to the other villages on the lake using the ferry service right outside. The breakfast is fine and staff extremely efficient. Overall, the staff really care about the property and the guests. We would return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We are just back from a break at Lake Como staying at the wonderful Albergo Lenno Hotel. This is a family run hotel which offers excellent accommodation and service. The owners and staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.
The hotel has a pool and is right opposite the lake ferry stop allowing easy access to other villages and towns dotted around the lakeside.
A very memorable stay in a very pleasant hotel.

Room Tip: Aim for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alan d
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I cannot say enough about this place-it is fabulous and the staff are some of the friendliest, most accommodating and hospitable I've ever met. I found myself adrift in nearby Menaggio when a volunteering expedition hadn't quite gone to plan and my week in Como suddenly went awry. I checked into a hostel in Menaggio online which transpired to be a total dump whose reception was closed until 5 and I couldn't check into my dorm. I left my bags there and wandered onto the cute little train that goes from Menaggio to Lenno (btw there are lovely street markets in Lenno on a Monday). I had a headache and I was emotional- desperate to book a last minute flight home and organise the rest of the trip. It was only in the cool, comfortable lobby of this beautiful hotel that I finally found myself taking a deep breath. I ordered a tea, sat back into one of the large, comfortable armchairs, and availed of the complimentary wifi to book a flight. The hotel is beautiful and modern throughout, very light and spacious. I felt so safe and the staff were so welcoming that I later decided to blow my budget, cancel the hostel and check in for the night. I got an attic room at the final hour. It was big with beautiful wooden ceilings, and I enjoyed a lovely bubble bath-twice over the course of my stay! (beautiful complimentary soaps, lotions etc.). I ventured to the lobby that evening for another tea, got a complimentary magazine and browsed through the well stocked book stand. The lady who delivered my tea brought a plate of butter cookies which was just what the doctor ordered after my ordeal. The breakfast the next day was to die for with the full array of continental items, hard boiled eggs, beautiful fresh, sliced tomatoes, and of course the patisseries too and much more besides including a very chirpy waiter. They have complimentary computers AND printers for guests so you can check in online and print your boarding pass before you leave!! Forgive my excitement but I've never seen that before. Having gotten directions at reception, I walked straight from the hotel to the slow ferry (which is literally outside the door) where I was able to hop on a ferry to Como taking in lovely views over the lake. Super hotel! Super location in a quiet corner of Lenno. Super people! I'd highly recommend this place to my nearest and dearest. Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you so much for you hospitality :)

Room Tip: If you're on a budget, try asking for an attic room. I thought mine was lovely!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelSavvyLady
Birmingham
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The location of this hotel is lovely. Right on the edge of the lake, no traffic, fantastic views and opposite the boat terminal for all the boats. Hotel very nice. Big rooms, very good bathroom and lovely breakfast outside on the patio. Evening meals were OK, what I would expect from a hotel. Nice to have a pool available. Staff very good and always really helpful. Overall I would recommend this to anyone who wants to visit Lake Como and wants to stay somewhere a bit tucked away in a very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank julieDBirmingham
Central Coast California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Right on the lake and the ferry dock, so there's always something happening. Beautiful view of the lake at any time of day, but especially at sunset. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Hair dryers are wimpy. Ask at the desk for one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lakemissy
Portofino, Italy
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We upgraded and paid for a side lake view room with a balcony. The room was average and the balcony was miniscule. Friends said the attic rooms were dark and dreary. It looked like there were a few good rooms at the front overlooking the lake so maybe these were better. The location was excellent and the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for room description before booking. Don't book attic room. Don't pay to upgrade to a ba...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our Albergo Lenno stay was as the result of a recommendation from a friend who had stayed there previously. We had a 7 day stay in the company of three old friend from University days. The road around Lake Como is busy, narrow and inhabited by very fast cars driven by very fast drivers and the traffic is constant. Albergo Lenno is not on the main road, but on a loop right next to the lake and is really a quiet backwater, well away from the traffic noise. The hotel is positioned right next to the ferry terminal, which puts every village on the lake within easy, and enjoyable, reach.

The hotel itself is fairly modern and the rooms are spacious with well appointed bathrooms. Our room, on a corner, had two windows overlooking the lake and ferry terminal, which was of constant interest.

The staff were incredible. Friendly, numerous and always helpful. All spoke English and the "Head Honcho" was able to converse fluently in Italian, French, German and English.

We had what was termed "half board", this included a full breakfast and a four course dinner. The latter sounder fearsome at first, but turned out to be amazing. Each course was well balanced (with a choice on the second and third course) and provided an excellent evening meal that was different on all seven nights. We were told that they had a varied menu for a full month; our compliments and admiration to the chef and his/her staff!

WiFi is available, free, and is best accessed in the lounge area, but does function in the rooms too.

This is a great hotel in one of the best positions on the lake. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Amazing views from the second and third floors, particularly on the lake side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PeterPetrum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenno
Hotel La Perla
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Hotel Villa Aurora
Hotel Villa Aurora
#1 of 2 in Lezzeno

Been to Albergo Lenno? Share your experiences!