Very tired room with bits of wallpaper missing, very soft saggy bed (this is room 3, see Mrsmoon kent's review)
Breakfast was a let down, we were second in the dining room and waited 55 minutes to receive our meals nothing compared to one poor couple who waited one hour twenty. The bacon was completely dried out, the portion of beans less than a desert spoon full.
Evening meals we took in the Lister Arms across the small bridge at an average saving of at least £2-50 per meal (£12-50 for a burger and fries at the Buck Inn £9-95 at Lister Arms).
Drinks at the Buck Inn £8-40 for a gin and tonic and a brandy and coke, £20ish for a bottle of white Zinfandel
I think its the captive audience scenario !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1874 on the site of an old coaching inn. The Buck is set in the centre of the picturesque village of Malham. The landscape is breathtakingly beautiful and quiet, offering you a break from the noisy cosmopolitan life of the big cities. Yet its only a short drive from Leeds, York and greater Manchester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Buck Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buck Inn Malham Hotel Malham
- The Buck Inn Malham, Yorkshire