“Excelent place to stay and eat”
Review of The Buck Inn

The Buck Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Malham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed for three nights The room was pleasant and the bed so comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. After reading the trip advisor ratings we chose to eat at the Lister one night BAD MISTAKE the food may be cheaper but the quality is sadly lacking.
The choice of beers was very good with 6 real ales. Thank you Buck Inn for your excellent quality and service I would recommend you to anyone.

Room Tip: We had room 7 it has a very comfortable four poster bed
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Staying locally in malham popped in for dinner, had the fish pie,had food poisoning, up all night, should have read the reviews beforehand. Place tired and dirty, go to the lister much better.
How can a hotel in such a stunning location fail so terribly?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank flatcap2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here over the weekend my family were down for a family wedding a few miles away, and the Buck Inn was a great stay I have never stayed in a BnB before so i wasnt expecting much but I was so surprised with the modern twist they had on the bedroom decoration. I shared a double room with my sister and the room was decorated to a very modern stadard we were very surprised with just how lovely the room and en-suite were, beds were great to sleep in, but nothing was as nice as the food...first night we arrived we just decided to get a nite to eat rather than go and meet up with rest of the wedding party and it was worth it the chicken pie was amazing it was proper comfort food just what ou need after a 4 hour car journey I had the fish cakes which again...Amazing, breakfasts were just as good can get a duck or goose egg wih no extra charge!! The staff...all very young girls were so nice and friendly always had a smile on their faces which is really nice especially first thing in the morning!! Would be more than happy to visit again if I was ever in the area again! Cant say anything other than what a great BnB to spend some relaxing time. Thank You!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Luckily we get to visit Malham while volunteering for the DofE frequently & when we fancy a drive out for a walk.
The Buck in is handy for a few of the camp sites we go to with the DofE, so if we get some downtime after an expedition we like to treat ourselves to a meal at the Buck.
Finally this week I got to try the Rabbit Pie!! I've tried to order it many times but its always been unavailable - this is fine with me - it shows they are not microwaving a frozen pie before serving it up!!
Between us we have had quite a few things from the menu - the burgers are to die for. The chips are excellent. All the food we have seen has looked gorgeous.
Now - it's not the cheapest pub I've ever eaten in but all the food is prepared to a very high standard & the portion sizes are perfect when you've had a day out walking in the fresh air. I've never made it as far as the pudding menu so I can't comment on these!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Had a wonderfull overnight stay at the Buck Inn. Staff are wonderful and welcoming. Don't expect luxury, but you do get a very good deal, The room was all you could want clean cosy,newly refurbished shower room,I had a burger for my main meal in the evening, Possibly one of the best I have had. In fact if the bun had been a little better I would say it was the best burger ever, we enjoyed a lovely bottle of Oz wine from a good range I thought reasonably priced I did think wine by the glass a tad expensive.. Breakfast on Monday morning was exceptional. I thought an excellent pub in a lovely setting. Very good value for money I will go back, hopefully very soon .

Room Tip: Don't set your sites to high, BUT IT IS A PUB. not a 5star hotel
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Very tired room with bits of wallpaper missing, very soft saggy bed (this is room 3, see Mrsmoon kent's review)

Breakfast was a let down, we were second in the dining room and waited 55 minutes to receive our meals nothing compared to one poor couple who waited one hour twenty. The bacon was completely dried out, the portion of beans less than a desert spoon full.

Evening meals we took in the Lister Arms across the small bridge at an average saving of at least £2-50 per meal (£12-50 for a burger and fries at the Buck Inn £9-95 at Lister Arms).

Drinks at the Buck Inn £8-40 for a gin and tonic and a brandy and coke, £20ish for a bottle of white Zinfandel

I think its the captive audience scenario !

Room Tip: avoid room 3
5  Thank howardfl
KarenSouterOwner, Front Office Manager at The Buck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Good Afternoon,
We have recently taken over this business and would be delighted if you decided to revisit for a more pleasant experience.
Kind regards,
All the team at The Buck.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We did not stay here, popped in after a visit to the cove. Service was very good and food excellent. I had sausages served with mash in two huge yorkie puddings, my wife had curry. Both dishes were hot and greatly gobbled down. Good selection of wines and beers to compliment. Curry £11, Yorkshire pudding £12 + drinks £30+. Good food and value. I highly recommend eating here, also the bar toilets are fantastic and slightly out of place for what is trying to be an oldie worldie pub.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malham
Beck Hall Malham
#1 of 1 in Giggleswick
The Lion at Settle
The Lion at Settle
#4 of 4 in Settle

Been to The Buck Inn? Share your experiences!