Staying in local accommodation so called in for a drink and to check the menu. We sat at the bar and reviewed the menu and we were very keen to visit during the week for a meal. However the promise soon went when we quite clearly observed staff telling each other who was a local and who was a visitor. The locals were getting charged 25% less for food and drink. Regardless of the motives you do not do this in front of customers. We finished our drinks and left immediately with a feeling I had been fleeced. Not a good experience and never went back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1874 on the site of an old coaching inn. The Buck is set in the centre of the picturesque village of Malham. The landscape is breathtakingly beautiful and quiet, offering you a break from the noisy cosmopolitan life of the big cities. Yet its only a short drive from Leeds, York and greater Manchester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Buck Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buck Inn Malham Hotel Malham
- The Buck Inn Malham, Yorkshire