“Amazing little gataway!!!”

Beck Hall Malham
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Malham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We decided to come here for our HOONEYMOON and we have an outstanding time, nothing was too much trouble for them, we felt so relaxed with the log burner in the resident lounge, very friendly staff and always wanted made sure our stay was perfect.

Breakfast was one of the best we have ever had, fresh produce from local farmers what more could you ask for.

Room Tip: we stopped in the upper river side room which was excellent with great views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
malhamtyke, Owner at Beck Hall Malham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thanks, we are so pleased that you had an enjoyable time during your stay with us, we did not know until you were with us that it was your Honeymoon, Congratulations, we wish you well for your future together and are pleased that we could provide a nice experience for your special occasion..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have to confess, my access to B&B accommodation is limited, much preferring to return to familiar comforts at the end of the day. However if all stays are guaranteed to be of a similar standard to my last week's exposure at Beck Hall, I should imagine I might be more inclined to thus partake in future.

On a whim during my week off, fuelled by a desire to see Malham Cove and based on Trip Advisor research, I contacted Beck Hall on Friday morning and secured a room for that evening - £45 for Single Occupancy of a Twin Room.

On receiving a warm and homely welcome, I was shown to room 11, which was immaculately clean and had everything I needed. With a wonderfully soft mattress, Wi-Fi access throughout the property (very desirable, given the lack of Mobile reception elsewhere in the vicinity!) and an outlook directly onto beautiful green trees, I was immediately comfortable and settled in much quicker than anticipated.

Breakfast was a very genuine treat - the menu reassured of locally sourced produce, and the sausages and bacon on my Full English Breakfast in the morning certainly did not fail to disappoint. The ladies who were serving were very pleasant and attentive without being irksomely in your face (always something that would be of potential concern to me first thing in the morning!) and were quick to offer continuous refills to my quickly emptying coffee cup.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable stay, which I would be more than happy to repeat the next time I have an urge to visit the area. Or even anywhere nearby!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
malhamtyke, Owner at Beck Hall Malham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thanks for your review, we would be delighted to see you again should you wish to return to Malham or close by. It is really nice when a short notice trip turns out well, we are very happy we could accomodate you at short notice and you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the surounding countryside.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Have stayed at Beck Hall at least three times now. The service is friendly and welcoming. The staff are courteous and helpful. This time we were in room 5 with our boys, 7 and 2. The room has a double and a single and rollaway, there is enough space for a cot which we had brought with us. The rooms are always clean and well presented. The honesty bar and free wifi are brilliant.

We'll be back again.

Room Tip: Room 5 is above the kitchen, so not good if you are a late riser.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for your review, it is really nice that you return to stay with us and find it so welcoming and homely. We look forward to seeing you again when you return, many thanks.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Beck Hall is just outside the village of Malham in the Yorkshire Dales, a very beautiful area. My friend and I are seniors who walk with canes but found the hotel could meet all of our needs. You can park to unload your bags at the hotel but must park at a parking lot about a block a way. We had no difficulty doing this. The staff were very kind and took our bags to our room for us. Our room was on the small side but worked very well. We had every thing we needed and space to put every thing. The bathroom was also small but again it worked well. The hotel is across a small stream which becomes a duck pond and there is a pretty garden. The breakfast room is pleasant and our breakfast was very good. We felt it was a great value for the money and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you, glad you found your stay with us pleasant and good value. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Excellent place to stay if you plan to do the Malham Cove walks, the place is right on the most popular path. Free parking which is situated just a bit further on past the B&B. The landlord was kind also to let us use the parking facility while we were doing our walk as we only stayed there a night and was accommodating aswell when I arrived late in the night around 10pm I think although i did give plenty of warning. She even made lunch for our walk the next day which was of course extra money but we did the walk in just over 3 hours leisurely walking. Ended up we didn't really need to place the lunch order just some water would've done fine. There was WiFi strongest signal was at the sitting room I think. Can't remember if the signal was ok in our room, I think it was. I wouldn't recommend travelling there anywhere at night time as the roads aren't the best.
But I would definately visit again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
malhamtyke, Owner at Beck Hall Malham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thanks for your review, we are very fortunate in our location and appreciate this, we are though also pleased that you found your stay enjoyable and were ableto realx as well as take in the surrounding countryside. We would love to see you ahain should you return to Malham.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Look it's a guest house, it does what it says on the tin! It ain't the Hilton it's better in many ways, everyone has time for you, rooms excellent for what they are. Stayed at 4* Marriott the night before, beck hall beds, showers, breakfast better, well done all at beck hall, will see you soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer part it was great, hav'nt tried the rest yet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
malhamtyke, Owner at Beck Hall Malham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks for your review, so glad you found your stay with us so satisfactory, It is especially nice that you point out the main aspects, bed, shower and breakfasts. We look forward to meeting you again whe you return.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a comfortable small hotel that is quite accustomed to walkers. I stopped here while doing the Pennine Way.

My room was small, but quite comfortable. Malham Beck is just behind the hotel and was right outside my window. I was quite satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you, we are geared up for guests who are here walking etc. we are very pleased you had a satisfactory stay and you found our offering to your liking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malham
Stone House Hotel
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
18 mi away
The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale

Been to Beck Hall Malham? Share your experiences!