Beck hall is situated in pretty and quiet village of Malham. Parking is easy and the short walk back over a small bridge is easy and adds a touch of romance to your arrival. We were met by Alice who was very welcoming and shown to our room. We had the Lower Riverside as the name indicates it is on the ground floor overlooking the river. The room was clean and had everything we wanted, the on suite was a shower, toilet and sink all very clean, the water pressure from the shower was outstanding. The lounge was warm with a cosy real fire comfortable seating and a well stocked honesty bar, which we did not try but noticed the prices were reasonable. If you do visit and have the full English breakfast please leave room as it is of very good proportions. The sausage and bacon are fantastic proper thick cut bacon and a wonderfully seasoned sausage along with the rest of the breakfast which was cooked to perfection. From Beck Hall there are a lot of different walks to be had from the door step so no having to use the car. Lovely walks for all abilities and what a lovely way to walk of breakfast and make room for an evening meal. We ate at the Lister Arms in the village which is 4 mins fron Beck Hall. They allow dogs are very helpful and friendly. We recommend you to go to try here for fantastic local food. They not only offer local top quality food but manage to give you large portions, we both tried the fisher mans platter which was outstanding. Along with 6 real ales to choose from we were very happy. If we had to be picky about Beck Hall and our room is that to get from the lounge/ dining room you have to go outside, this did not bother us as it was dry and we took the opportunity to take in the view of the garden and river, and even if it had been raining putting on a coat is such a small price to pay for such a lovely, quiet welcoming retreat as this. My wife, my self and Charlie (the dog ) would recommend you to go enjoy and recharge your batteries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over an ancient clapper bridge in the Yorkshire Dales village of Malham lies the magical Beck Hall Hotel, Deli & Bistro. Surrounded by rolling hills and the most magnificent limestone landscapes, our little hotel provides an enchanting escape from everyday life. After a day of exploring, unwind in one of our 18 whimsical en-suite rooms, while away a summer evening at The Secret Garden or spend a winter's night by a roaring fire in the Snug. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beck Hall Malham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beck Hall Malham Hotel Malham
- Beck Hall Malham Yorkshire