All reviews drawing room large house huge bathroom four poster bed afternoon tea silk room steak night country house bridal suite on arrival ferguson suite wee gem guest lounge top floor cooked to perfection first class a wonderful stay
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Wonderful afternoon tea - the best we have had. Friendly, helpful staff in relaxing and comfortable surroundings. Good choice of dinner and breakfast menu. We will definitely return and most definitely have afternoon tea!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DurnHouse, Manager at Durn House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for your fabulous feedback about our Afternoon Teas! We're so glad that you enjoyed such a wonderful time, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Many thanks again & all the best

Reviewed 24 June 2018

An absolutely must stay if you are in the area, this wonderful house is a little gem. Wonderful staff who will do everything they can to make your stay the best it can possibly be, the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The breakfast was so wonderfully delicious and the choice of breakfast was amazing. The lounge area is so homely and comfortable i honestly cannot praise this place enough, We stayed in the Culloden suite and the bathroom was huge and the shower was in the middle of the bathroom facing the garden and it was wonderful.

Room Tip: The Culloden Suite. Beautiful
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you most sincerely, kfrenc877018 - your kind words mean very much to all the team here at Durn House, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Durn House. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! All the best & thanks again!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful destination.
Just a short walk from Portsoy.
Very clean and beautifully presented.
The staff are fantastic, friendly and welcoming. Nothing is too much bother.
Highly recommended if you want to stay in an authentic Scottish mansion.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank vigaal

Hi Vigaal,

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! We couldn't hope for better feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon, and all the best on your future adventures!

Kindest regards, from the Durn House team! x

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I stayed here for one night on a business trip.Lovely place,fantastic room,friendly staff and good food.If I am slightly picky I would say my room was a little on the cold side but that didn't stop me having a good nights sleep.I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jax11ard

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind and honest review, as well as all round positive feedback. It can be tricky at this time of year to get the heating in the House at a level of comfort for everyone, however, thank you for letting us know (it's noted for next time) and we're glad that it didn't impact your overall experience of Durn House.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

I stayed here for one night while working in the area. I arrived around 7pm and was greeted by the young lady who I thought was the receptionist, but it turned out that she seemed to do everything, an exceptional person. I was sorry I didn't catch her name as she surely deserves a lot of praise for doing such a fantastic job!

Despite arriving after 7pm, dinner was available, the food was excellent, nothing to fault. Breakfast the following morning was also exceptional, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, a wonderful start to the day!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Welshknight59

Hi there,

What a fabulous review! Thank you very much! I've shared your review with the wider team, and we're all delighted with your feedback.

Our Guest experience is very precious to us, and we're so glad that you enjoyed such a wonderful experience here at Durn House.

All the best, and we hope to see you again soon!