Beadlow Manor Golf Club Hotel & Conference Center
US$48
US$66
The Broadway Hotel(Letchworth)
US$100
Premier Inn Letchworth Garden City Hotel(Letchworth)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
The Knife & Cleaver(Houghton Conquest)
US$132
US$128
Hotwire.com
Firs Hotel(Hitchin)
US$103
All reviewsgolf breakcharity ballthree course mealwedding receptioncomplimentary breakfastfollowing morning
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was extremely disapointed to find that the hotel rooms were located in a seperate buillding which was actually empty almost derelict. Hand written notes posted on doors, a phone in the front lobby with a sign hanging off it asking you to dial for any staff attention , a bathroom so small you had to squeeze in to shut the door behind you. The view out over the dead and weed ridden lawn and other empty derlict buildings nearby...all that was missing was the tumble weed. I promptly returned to the golf shop which served as hotel reception and checked out again refusing to stay. The staff was just leaving and locking up. I explained that I had thought I had booked into a hotel not a hostel when she replied no this is a golf club with rooms.

My company had booked a meeting room the next day and we were interupted continuosly throughout the day by the staff walking through. I asked the bar staff if they could do something about this and so they literally boarded the main door up with screens. This meant we had to leave by a side door, walk to the front entrance to come in again to access toilets.just as we thought we were getting some peace the boss walked in introduced himself in the middle of our meeting and asked if everything was ok. Speechless!

Room Tip: I did not stay so could not comment on quality of the rooms. First impressions were so poor.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is without doubt the worst golf course in Bedfordshire buggys stink of petrol fumes complained to manager mr kassam he just told us not to come back a very rude man beware. The whole place hotel as well was falling apart smelly dingy paul

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank himpfen
Nasir K, Manager at Beadlow Manor Golf Club Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

I was asked to speak to these two visitors who had a complaint, and I immediately went to see them and address their concerns. They said that the buggies were producing uncomfortable fumes, and they had tried several buggies which were all the same. They proceeded to ask for their money back, to which I questioned if they had actually played at all considering that they were feeling unwell due to the fumes. They answered "yes," they had played 18 holes. I asked them to please re-confirm that they had played 18 holes, to which they again said "yes." I inquired as to why they did not issue a complaint sooner and how they managed to play a whole round with a problem buggy. They refused to answer to this question and instead threatened to call in health and safety executive and then walked away.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked a party at beadlow manor for my parents 25th anniversary so with that we booked out the entire hotel for our guests aswell no one could fault the hotel the rooms were clean the beds comfortable so all round a great experience nothing was to much trouble for them and the breakfast was also very good if I was doing any more parties I would definaltely use them again as they were fantastic

Room Tip: if you are a family with children the baron suite is an excellent room very spacious so I would say to go for this room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rutledgekerry54
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Had a lovely weekend at beadlow manor the rooms were nicely decorated,clean,beds were really comfortable and shower excellent.we had breakfast and evening meal for our 2 night stay and the food was great.The bar staff helpful and friendly, aswell as the reception staff in the pro shop there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank linda c
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Had a lovely weekend playing golf and catching up with old friends. Rooms were plenty big enough, clean and tidy and the shower was excellent. Food was great all weekend, and the lemon mouse was especially tasty. Nasir was a real gent, realising we had overpaid he came to let us know and refunded the money straight away. That bit of honesty really made the weekend for all of us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends