Black Boys Inn
  • Restaurant
US$115
US$107
CrownePlaza.com
Henley Business School(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
US$113
Kingswood Hotel(Maidenhead)
US$53
The Baskerville(Shiplake)(Great Value!)
US$147
All reviewsthe pubfish pielovely mealpoached eggsenjoyable staythe riverbar areahenleylimescalebeams
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Although expensive we had a lovely meal here, of the highest quality. The service was lovely, and especially as a delightful young lady did all on heown with a full restaurant, and the chef came to each table at the end of service. A very nice touch. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Having booked a table for my birthday celebration with two friends and my husband we thought
we would check out the reviews on tripadvisor and have a look at a sample menu, wished we
had not though after reading through the majority of them and nearly cancelled our booking.
So glad we did not. The food was incredibly good along with the service and the restaurant was cosy and stylish with great atmosphere. The young waitress did an incredible job all on
her own and it was quite busy for a Wednesday evening and the Chef even managed to get out to the tables and talk briefly with the customers (a very nice touch). All in all a lovely evening and will hopefully be going again soon. Well done.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went for a lunch for two on the 19th of November.

When we returned home, I looked up Tripadvisor for the Inn - found the review before this one and showed my wife - it summed it up perfectly!

A very nice soup, good prawn cocktail and outstanding fish and chips.
Trying to fault the food - I could not (and I have done over 200 reviews!)
Service - a bit sharp, frosty although quick.

Interior décor of the restaurant was nice, I thought it might be a bit more "pubby" bit it was quite "restauranty"

A more welcoming service and I would give it 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank expectant customer
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hello - we had booked a table for a birthday lunch and on arrival a towel from the rooms had been dropped by the entrance - I mentioned this and the lady behind the bar grunted that someone would pick it up - an odd comment really and lacking any sense of care about the visitor experience or team standards. I was the first to arrive at the restaurant and was just told to take a seat followed by a lacklustre offer of a drink. I helped myself to a menu. The food was lovely, well cooked and well presented but none of us were able to charm a smile from the waitress, the owner we think. We will not come here again - the area is brimming with wonderful restaurants (the Quince Tree comes to mind) and a smile costs nothing but makes all the difference - good food is not enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Oakviews
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Didn't staybut 5 of us had an evening meal. On the whole very good food, in pleasant surroundings. Thought the waitress/owner? was a little cool on our arrival but she became more welcoming and friendly. I thought the food was very pricey once drinks, coffee etc added. Also objected to a service charge being automatically added. A bit of a cheek, especially as I think it was the owners who were serving/cooking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends