“Dirty, dark, dank, disgusting and depressing”

The Three Horseshoes
London
“Dirty, dark, dank, disgusting and depressing”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Absolutely the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to stay. Room was classed as a luxury en suite which was a total joke as there was nothing whatsoever luxury about it. Mould, cobwebs, hairs in the shower, dried mud stains on the bed sheets. Absolutely disgusting place. Breakfast was ok but not enough tea or toast offered. Price was extortionate given the hostile nature of the staff and the skanky room.

Oh and a canvas wardrobe in a luxury room??? What planet are these owners on???

DON'T BOOK HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE STAYING IN DIRTY DISGUSTING DARK DANK PLACES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The inside of the pub is attractive with old exposed beams and open fire. The welcome given was was great as was the service. Dinner was good quality pub food, breakfast in the morning was excellent. We had what was described as a 'de luxe' room - it was tiny, but comfortable enough. My main criticism was the lack of heating in the bathroom.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JockBerks
Carnforth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Touring the area on a short break, we booked the last en-suite room at this 'Charming Country Inn' about a month before hand. Arriving in the Village and viewing the outside, our disappointment set in. However, we received a warm welcome from the gentleman behind the bar who proceeded to show us to our room. This was very small - no where to put our luggage even the kettle and mugs etc. were on a try on the floor. Our en-suite was almost as big as the bedroom but in desperate need of an update and tlc. (broken tiles in the shower area etc)
Breakfast was OK but certainly not the 'Charming Country Inn' we were expecting. We will not be staying at this Inn if travelling in the area again and defernately not good value for the money we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 31CMD

Travellers are raving about these Drayton Parslow hotels

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

After being let down by Laterooms who cocked up my booking we found The Three Horseshoes by a chance search on the internet. Steve the Landlord could not have been more helpful and we arrived to a very warm welcome. After being shown by the landlord to our room, which was spacious and very comfortable, (The bed was so good I had trouble getting my wife out of bed in the morning!), we went for a drink and a meal in the main bar area.
Well what can I say. The locals are very welcoming, the beer and wine are excellent and very reasonably priced. The food was superb and we will definitely be returning. Thank you so much for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Lymington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Just returned from one of the worst B & B I have experienced. Stayed with my 13 year old son, and he thanked me for his first one star experience, Staff made no attempt to be friendly. The room itself was fair, until I tried to open the door to the en-suite, to be disappointed by the locked "private" door. When showed to the room was not told where the bathroom was, it was down the corridor shared by four bedrooms. The food was warm, and what you would expect from a 1970,s pub, think this was also when the place was last cleaned and refurbished.

My son is keen to go back to MK to the Snow Dome, on understanding we don't have to stay here again!!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lymington66
Devon, UK
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Booked to stay here on Boxing Day night as I was visiting family nearby. The booking was made on 14 December. On the morning of Boxing Day I received a phone call from the pub to say that the pub was shut that night, not enough customers. I was asked to telephone when I arrived and someone would meet me to let me in. This was a major disappointment, as I was looking forward to having a beer in the pub that evening before going to bed. If I had been told when I made the booking the pub wasn’t going to be open, I would have gone elsewhere.
However, when I arrived, I received a friendly welcome and upon commenting about the being closed, told I could still have a beer that evening and take it to my room.
I was shown to my room which was in the corner of the building (above the pool table). First impression was very good. Well presented room, luxurious looking bedding, tea and coffee, a few paperbacks on a shelf.
I went out for dinner and when I got back, got hold of the landlord and did indeed get a pint of beer.
The bed turned out to be a cause for concern. When pressed down, I could feel very easily, all the springs in the mattress. I was worried I wasn’t going to get a good nights sleep, though fortunately I did.
It turned out in the morning that the heating doesn’t come on until 8am, so when I woke before that, the room was very cold and took a while to heat up.
My bathroom included a sunken bath and a shower and the shower was fine. However, the bathroom could do with a few DIY jobs being attended to. Not to mention the very large and dusty cobweb suspended over the basin.
I had the cooked breakfast which was OK except they use tinned tomatoes rather than fresh ones and the sausage was obviously left over from the day before and reheated in the microwave.
It was nice to find accommodation so close to where I was visiting, but I wouldn’t say, at £60 for the night, that it represented value for money. It still annoys me that I wasn’t told until the morning of my arrival that the pub wouldn’t be open that night despite having booked nearly two weeks previously.
Have booked at the Furzton Lake Premier Inn for my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank cjlb
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this truely quirky country pub - no frills but friendly staff and good selection of real ales. Rooms are somewhat small and most have shared bathrooms etc. However, for 2 of our nights we stayed in one of their on-suite double rooms - very comfortable. Did not eat at the pub in the evening, but the breakfast was satisfactory and freshly cooked.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drayton Parslow
De Vere Horwood Estate
De Vere Horwood Estate
#1 of 1 in Little Horwood
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
The Woburn Hotel
The Woburn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Woburn
Swan Hotel
Swan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Leighton Buzzard
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes

Been to The Three Horseshoes? Share your experiences!