“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boxworth
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Got this at last minute online,my husband was going to a football match in Cambridge and didn't want to drive all the way from Lancashire and back in one day.I found this Hotel on the Laterooms sight and got a good deal so I booked him an Exucutive Room. He rang me on arrival to tell me that the room was large and bright with nice views, and as it was at the rear, it was quiet. It was spotless and comfortable and parking was good,the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the hotel complex had everything he needed at a reasonable price(unlike most service stations) a cut above the others. He slept very well in the Kingsize bed! This is the first time we have risked booking online without knowing a place so it was a very pleasant surprise

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter with nicer views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mrsdjfunky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Tired carpets & decor, Mattress with terrain like the Yorkshire dales. Staff willing, polite & efficient. Good access to major roads & only short drive-15 mins to Cambridge. Eating places on site but very much on the fast food side.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank whiskynginger

Travellers are raving about these Boxworth hotels

west yorkshire
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here as we wanted to visit Cambridge. There was quite a delay at check-in and we were offered a room upgrade for our wait. The rooms are spacious. There were extra pillows in the wardrobe and the towels were top quality, thick and fluffy. We did find the room rather warm although we put the air con at its coolest. The food hall and shops within the complex were handy and parking was easy. The pub/ restaurant, Golden Ball Inn at Boxworth had good meals in pleasant surroundings but The Fox at Bar Hill should be avoided at all costs. If you're not eating in Cambridge , I'd suggest driving to St Ives for the best selection of places to eat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Efficient check in but electronic door lock was broke; had to go back to reception twice and then they brought a key which i used for my 2 night stay.
reception staff were welcoming but note this hotel does not have a lift so if you have any problems with the stairs get a downstairs room!
I stayed in room 213 - 'executive room' - room facilitates were good - clean enough but no bath just a shower. plenty of coffee and tea bags. good towels but I would be put off staying again by the lumpy bed and rock hard pillows.
Despite being by the main road i didn't hear a high traffic noise ( and im a light sleeper)
OK for a functional overnighter but nothing special about it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was only staying at this hotel for one night as I was travelling onwards the next day, and unfortunately I booked very late so paid the high end price for my stay.
The hotel is located off a service court but far enough from the motorway so there isn't any noise which was good. I did have to wait a few moments before someone emerged from the back office to check me in but it was straight forward enough.

The room was rather dark and seemed old fashioned compared to other hotels nearby I have stayed at, and I was disappointed considering the high price I paid. BUT it was clean and had complimentary amenities and the bed was comfortable.
My only real gripe was the room was very warm, and there didn't seem to be any way of cooling it down, the thermostat didn't do much and the window only opens slightly.
I would stay here again, but would make sure to book well in advance to avoid the high late booking payments.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TheDeparted84
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

A very comfortable stay in a budget hotel.staff we're very attentive and made you feel on arrival,ensured we had sufficient supplies of tea coffee etc when we returned late at night. Facilities more than adequate for our type of stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. The welcome was very warm and friendly and my room was on the ground floor almost as far as you could walk from Reception. As soon as I opened the door there was a lovely fresh smell - a potent for the cleanliness of the room. I spent both evenings working and was pleased with all the sockets to charge my different devices. The lighting had been thought through and the switches were all in the right locations. The bathroom had a shower and toilet whilst the washbasin was in the room itself - a very good idea. The shower itself was wonderful with a seat and copious amounts of hot water. My only issues is that the room was rather cold. I mentioned it in the morning and by the time I got back to the room in the afternoon it had all been sorted. Without exception the three staff I met at Reception were helpful and made me feel special. I didn't eat in the services so cannot comment on them.

I found the best price by booking direct.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxworth
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#13 of 36 in Cambridge
The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Travelodge Cambridge Swavesey
Travelodge Huntingdon Fenstanton
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge

Been to Ramada Cambridge? Share your experiences!