“Awful hotel.”

Ramada Cambridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boxworth
“Awful hotel.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel as part of our 10 day roadtrip, what a big mistake...
Guy on reception was pleasant and helpful, upon enquiring where the bar was he pointed to a fridge behind him and a 1 glass 18.75cl bottle of wine was £4.50! Walking through the corriders the stench was vile and made us gag, it was a smell of mould, damp and urine. The room itself wasn't much better. Hole in the wall - (probably punched by someone frustrated at booking such a dump) - wallpaper ripped off under the sink, which bizarrely was in the room and not the bathroom. The air conditioning was so old and weary it just loudly groaned along without actually being of much use so we had to have the window wide open all night (no safety catch) partly because it was hot but mainly because of the smell in the room, very noisy adjacent to the A14 so not a good nights sleep.
We paid extra for a kingsize bed which was actually 2 singles put together resulting in 2 thick, uncomfortable seams down the middle, both mattresses were lumpy.
The bathroom was so disgusting (see photos) how any hotel management/housekeeping team can think that the filthy, mouldy shower cubicle was acceptable for guests I do not know.
Leaving and entering the room I had to have a scarf over my face because of the awful smell which during the evening seeped into our room.
This hotel needs to be condemned, asap. I'm sure I don't need to say we would never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. UGH!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rockette64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
New Milton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked in here to spend one night after a day of shopping in Cambridge. The bed was uncomfortable and the shower cubicle wasn't that clean. The staff were friendly and helpful but wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Formby
Reviewed 18 August 2014

located like most of Days Inn, its on a main road services.
plenty of food outlets, ample parking and dog walking area
North of Cambridge, you need your car for the ten minute drive into Cambridge
We stayed in a disabled room however it wasn't wheelchair suitable. large shower with seat but had one step up into it.
One of the twin beds was higher than normal which is good if you have trouble getting into and out of bed I didn't enquire if they had wheelchair accessible rooms as i'm not in a wheelchair.
The price of drinks was steep, £4.50 for a can of Pimms, checked at major store and they retail at £2.00
rooms quiet

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here with two female companions, they had a twin room and I had a double on my own. This hotel is somewhat in the middle of nowhere, but we were on a UK road trip and needed somewhere near Cambridge, I found it to be clean and very comfortable, the shower was a most unusual layout with a curved end and a built in seat and was just fab, if Only I could have one of those at home.
It was in the same style as a Travelodge but far nicer. Both our rooms were ground floor with no lifts to worry about. Breakfast is available next door and I found that be be reasonably priced and a good choice too. There are no frills here but if you want a no nonsense, comfortable stay then I'd highly recommend Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Walked into reception and was shocked by the smell of what I can only describe as sewage. The guy at reception didnt offer any explanation for the smell and was blunt, unfriendly and unwelcoming. Got into the room and had to run to open the windows as it stunk of damp/mould/dirt. Left the windows open and went out for the evening leaving the room to air but no improvement when we returned, complained at reception to another rude female member of staff and the reply was along the lines of "what do you expect me to do about it". Went to reception to check out first thing in the morning and yet another morbid member of staff didnt even look at me and said "just leave the room pass there and pointed to the side". Considering we spent £70 each on two rooms I felt cheated out of money for such disgusting accomodation and the lack of customer service made it even worse. Maybe if their work environment improved the staff would be able to crack a smile, but then again, I doubt it...

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JJW22

Travellers are raving about these Boxworth hotels

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel stinks. As soon as you walk into the reception it hits you, and it got worse when I got to my room. My luggage still stinks of the hotel several days later. The air con made a ridiculous noise and I had to change rooms at 11pm at night. I asked for an ironing board I waited 2 hours no show, no apology

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wolfie622
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Allocated a ground floor room which we reached via a very worn carpet which gave an indication of what to expect. Bathroom awful, tile grouting badly stained an some tiles cracked. At first we thought the toilet was dirty but as nothing moved assumed it was bad stains. Couldn't close the window so had a noisy night as we faced the car-park, also felt vulnerable with an open ground floor window. Reception said they couldn't do anything and had no more rooms.

Room Tip: A room to the rear and on the upper floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxworth
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#12 of 36 in Cambridge
The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Travelodge Cambridge Swavesey
Travelodge Huntingdon Fenstanton
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge

Been to Ramada Cambridge? Share your experiences!