“Perfect Wedding!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Duxford B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect Wedding!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our wedding reception was held here on the 30th November 2013 and it was perfect. We had 69 Guests 14 of which were young children and we still had loads of room to move about. We opted for the buffet over a sit down meal and the choice of food was fantastic. All the guests commented on how nice the food was and also how relaxed the environment was.

The staff were on hand 24/7 to cater to the needs of everyone at the reception. They cleared away the plates and drinks so quietly and efficiently that you didnt even realise they were there. Yet when you needed assistance they made themselves noticeable in order to service your needs.

Our wedding was arranged with a months notice and the staff went above and beyond to give us our special day. Laura was always on hand to offer advice and assistance and i can honestly say that no where would of matched the high standard of service that we received at the Red Lion in Whittlesford.

Amazing Restaurant run by amazing staff!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pitstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We just hosted a meeting at the Red Lion, Whittlesfordbridge. Couldn't speak more highly of the venue, staff and hospitality. Fantastic function space. Front of house staff (Laura, Yan, Natasha and Beth) were so so helpful and tended to our every need throughout the day. Wouldn't look further for a venue on the future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here fri and sat and attended a wedding here. The staff was brilliant, really friendly, put themselves out for you and proved that nothing was to much trouble for them. I was here with my family and even the youngest was very well catered for. The food was excellent, and although I suffer from allegies etc all of this was taken into account and catered for. I would recommend this hotelit was a real pleasure to be here and I will be going back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Fair Lawn
Reviewed 16 November 2013

What a great place. This hotel has it all. Exceptional rooms, great staff and excellent food.

At check in I was met by Bess and Yann. I could tell just then that this was going to be an exceptional trip!

I spent a week at this hotel for a business conference. My job takes me around the world. I've held conferences at many different hotels and this was, without a doubt, the best. This hotel offers many different conference rooms for events and the one we chose was perfect. The room was perfection and thanks to Tash, Agata, Jade, Laura and Bess every need we had was met. The hotel provided lunch each day which was amazing. Coffee,tea and shortbread cookies were always available.

Besides the conference room I also stayed at the hotel. The room was amazing! I never wanted to leave the bed but then I would think about the shower. This hotel offers all the charm of an old English Pub with all the benefits of a modern hotel facility. The shower was no exception. The only problem I had was not wanting to leave it. The room couldn't have been any cleaner. The white glove test was passed in every way. Everything was just better than perfect!

From the exceptional "Full English Breakfast" to the brilliant after dinner "Puddings" this hotel just does not disappoint. Manager Jonathan really knows how to keep everyone happy. It appears his number one goal is to make everyone happy (customer and staff). Watching and listening to the employees here was just as enjoyable as the rest of the hotel. It's like watching a close family. Everyone helping out each other and always with a genuine smile. Everyone does every job (managers Jonathan and Ross included) and just makes sure everything is perfect for the customer.

I could continue this review forever. I apologize for any employee names I may have missed. Everyone was just exceptional!

I'm really going to miss this hotel! I can't wait to come back. Now I need to get back to my Full English Breakfast"......Thanks Bess!!!

BNUSSMAN

Room Tip: Room 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Room 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have recently held a conference at the Red Lion and the staff, service food and facilities were top class!

The polite and efficient but not pushy booking procedure with Becky and Laura and a brief visit to check out the facilities on a brief tour from Jonathan made the Red Lion a logical choice.

This was reinforced by the efficient and friendly service with a smile from Tash, Agata, Jade, Bess and the rest of the front of house team.

The facilities and ambience were perfect for our meeting and the food was all superb.

I did not stay at the hotel as I live nearby but 2 of our team stayed in the Red Lion rather than the associated Holiday Inn Express and thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

We will not hesitate to use this venue again!

Top marks to the team at The Red Lion and thanks for a great few days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

As bride and groom we had the best wedding anyone could ever wish for, at the best possible venue. The Red Lion is a fantastic hotel, the food is exceptional, the staff are fantastic they are so professional but yet so very very friendly, nothing was to much trouble for any of them. All the staff welcomed us with open arms from the moment we arrived. Our wedding went off without a single hitch, we would recommend the Red Lion hotel for any function. A special thank you to all the staff especially Jonathan, Tash, Bess, Danni, Jess, Yann, Lucy, Agatha, Jayade, Emma and Laura Jayne for making our day unbelievable.
Danny and Dawn.

• Stayed November 2013
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Went to the red lion at the weekend to a wedding and had a fabulous time. Arrived on the Friday afternoon and had an amazing meal and the staff could not have been more helpful. We were a large group and every meal was spot on. The wedding was on the Saturday and all the staff were brilliant. Everyone worked so hard with all smiling faces. I would like to thank all the staff Jonathan , Tash, Bess, Yan, Lucy, Agatha, Jess, Dannie, Jayade, Emma. We would certainly return as the accommodation is great. Many thanks to you all Mr and Mrs Daniels

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DanielsHertfordshire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duxford
Duxford Lodge
#1 of 36 in Cambridge
Hotel Felix
Hotel Felix
#8 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to Red Lion Whittlesford Bridge? Share your experiences!