Duxford Lodge
US$124
US$120
US$80
Travelodge
The Saffron Hotel(Saffron Walden)
US$128
US$84
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$122
Ibis Cambridge Central Station(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$114
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstop floorimperial war museumfull englishold houselounge barbed was very comfortablequiet locationexcellent staycooked breakfastcouldn't do enoughan overnight staynice roomlittle gembreakfast was excellentjohn barleycorncambridgelawns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was among friends staying at Duxford Lodge in order to attend a party nearby. I was allocated a Garden room which, although it contained a 4 poster bed, was very dowdy and dated, with grubby looking carpets and a smell of damp in the bathroom. The matress had seen better days, and had a dip in the middle. However, the sheets were clean and everything functioned, so I settled down to go to sleep. As the walls were paper thin, I could hear someone in the room next door coughing all night, till eventually, at 4 am, the couple got up, dragged their wheelie suitcase passed my open window, she loudly castigating him for not picking up the suitcase, and he protesting at the admonishmnet. Breakfast was good. On checking out, I was handed my bill whilst the proprioter issued instructions to the cleaner in a bad tempered way, and didn't make eye contact with me or ask me if I had enjoyed my stay, as she took payment from my debit card, and I left, hoping not to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kludd
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The staff were pleasant and tried hard but still need to go the extra little bit further to ensure that guests feel special. Some additional training would be helpful. The room I stayed in was a good size and adequately furnished.The radio came on in the middle of the night and there was quite a bit of road noise during the night with the window open. The bathroom was fine except that there was no hot water in the morning for my shower.... Brrrr....Breakfast could have been of a higher quality. Dinner was nothing special but OK. All in all the hotel is a little tired and never really rises above the standard of a large guest house - a shame because it has the potential to rise above this standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin W
Reviewed 21 June 2013

in my opinion:
if the hotel room is not clean, maybe the staff is not do a good job.
if the hotel service is not good, maybe the management is not do a good job.
but if the hotel did cheat/ rob a customer, it is better the hotel close it's business!
here is the detail story.
Do direct booking to http://www.duxfordlodgehotel.co.uk.
in my online confirmation booking state:
adults=1, children=2, ages=3,3 (because the maximum number can choose is 3),
room type: executive double room with sofa bed for children up to 13
(my children age is 6 and 8), grand total 93.5 GBP include tax.
but when i check out, grand total is 93.5 + 25.
When I ask why there is additional charge of 23, the reception answer was for
sofa bed.
attached is my checkout invoice and direct online confirmation picture.
Since I do not want ruin my mood holiday with my young children and i have more then
enough education and manner to understand what is the meaning of online confirmation booking, i prefer not ask further why this and that.
I hope my experience will not be repeated to other people/ customer.
will i come back again to this hotel? NO.
will i recommend this hotel? NO.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank triple040
janetmary-9, Manager at Duxford Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

I was very sorry to read your comments.
The price of £93.50 is for single occupancy of the room you stayed in.
On our tariff page it states £25 for sofa bed/z bed/cot - these charges are made to cover cost of laundry etc.
The only time we accommodate children free of charge is children under 3 years old who share the bed with their parents or bring their own travel cot.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

As frequent travellers and bearing in mind it was an Airshow week-end and the hotel was busy we found this hotel warm, comfortable, clean and tidy, ample parking and well kept grounds. On arrival we were greeted at reception and were asked if we needed assistance to our room with our baggage. Two little bug bears; had to find someone for a drink at the bar and the food was a little slow but when it did arrive it was tasty, hot and very good. We stayed 2 nights and the same staff for breakfast and dinner on the second night looked jaded

Room Tip: Room 9 on the top floor was very comfortable, had everything you needed and was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

my husband and i stayed for one night in an executive room! expectation- was very different to what we got. The room was very old fashioned, dark and too much furniture in there which made it feel cluttered. the mattress was very soft and left us both with sore backs. the bathroom was carpeted and gruby and the decor very tred. on arrival we were left standing in reception for 10 minutes before anyone came. when staff did appear they were unsociable verging on unpleasant.
we ate in the resteraunt, waitress was very pleasant and the food was nice.
following morning the newspaper that was ordered waited for us in reception, and not delivered to the room. breakfast was good.
checking out- staff was same lady who had booked us in and again i found her particularly unpleasant, no smiles or exchanging pleasantries, just took my money without a word.
all in all we wont be going again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple