“duxford lodge restaurant”
Review of Duxford Lodge

Duxford Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Duxford
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had known this elegant little hotel for more than 15 years; had stayed overnight there, and were always satisfied with its comfort and service. Recently, we had a family meal (dinner) in le Paradis restaurant. They always aimed for a haute cuisine meal, which--supopsedly--catered for the type of clientele that appreciated this. However, menu has now been transformed into what one could call 'pub grub'---roast chicken, burgers, etc., with a variety of starters. All of which was of a good standard. We were told that this change was necessary, because of economics; guests at the hotel were not paying for the previous meals at the price, and were going elsewhere. This seems fair enough. The service was still excellent, though there was not really a great difference in the price. One thing: I do wish they hadn't changed the cloth white napkins for red paper!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Duxford Lodge

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Having spent 1 night at Duxford Lodge, I found the room very clean but slightly dated, but service was amazing. We were made to feel very welcome, staff were friendly and felt that nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend Duxford Lodge to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I used to stay here a few years back and it was always a joy....now ..oh dear!

When I booked the lady taking the booking was unhelpful and quite rude to the point that I nearly changed my mind but in the past the memories of this hotel were so good and especially the restaurant whose praise I have sung many times made me persevere !
The restaurant was my main aim...however, I was informed on arrival that the chef had been stuck in a traffic jam because of an accident in the Dartford tunnel since early afternoon and wouldn't be back...strange I said as I drove through the same tunnels not an hour earlier without a problem...I understand from the local pub that was excellent "The Plough"... The chef turns up when he wants! Splendid referral ....
I need extra pillows for a medical condition and was told there aren't any, they would hire them if they had known!
Could rant on but to finish...my bathroom has a loo that is impossible to sit on ( sorry) without burning your leg on the radiator and the towels were not fit for anything .....enough now...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

dusty, filthy and unconfortable rooms. Screaky floor and I even found hair in my bed. The appliances old from 1970 probably, the bathroom had a thin VERY FILTHY carpet. I would not stay here again not even for free! Rubbish thieves charge people 80£/night.
I think people that evaluated good this hotel should avoid touching other human beings

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank zorbas77
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We attended a nearby family birthday lunch, hence a one-night stay at Duxford Lodge. Clean well furnished bedroom with warm comfortable bed, TV, clock/radio and tea/coffee making facilities, plus local magazines on small table. Matching furniture providing plenty of storage facilities and bathroom with necessary toileteries, bidet and bath/shower. Two comfortable lounges with bar. Unsophisticated dinner (£14.95 for two courses) aided by excellent Chilean house wine.Grounds would be pleasant for exploring in the Summer, but not on cold winter's morning with frost covering the lawns ! Pleasant service.

Room Tip: We were in room number 5
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Duxford is not necessarily the place you would search for fine dining but the Lodge Hotel provides an exceptional reason. We took the popular Sunday lunch offer last week and were pleasantly surprised with the value, setting and standard. An impressive plate of roast beef with all the trimmings, served quickly by a very pleasant young lady, followed up with a good choice of sweets, This is one we will certainly use again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We visited the Lodge as it was recommended for guests at a nearby wedding. Nice grounds. Sweet town. Room was large, bathroom surprisingly modern. The Lodge served dinners but we couldn't get to try them. Breakfasts, however, came with the tab: the whole English breakfast thing if you wanted it.

Help pleasant.

All in all, worth a return.

But, if you are old and\or infirm, you will need to grunt up stairs.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duxford
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge
Hotel Felix
Hotel Felix
#9 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to Duxford Lodge? Share your experiences!