“Return visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Foresters Guest House

The Foresters Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crook
The Foresters Guest House
Ranked #2 of 5 Crook B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Return visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

The second time we have stayed at The Foresters, when visiting relatives in the area.
We are sure it will not be the last, as it is everything you could possibly want in a top class B&B.
Denise and Jim are superb Hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are excellent and the food even better. Sunday lunch was spot on and plenty of it, and the breakfasts were first class and again very filling. Look forward to the next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank davidgibbon830

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sart-lez-Spa, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I cycled from Nottingham to go to that excellent place to meet a friend of mine I had not seen for 45 years. I was coming from overseas, Belgium. Eveything was excellent, the welcome, the stay, the room, the breakfast and the lunch on Sunday, the bar....Denise who is a great lady even rinced my cycling gear....definitely the place to stay if you go to Crook or Stanley....I am sure I'll go back again if I go cycling again in that part of the world....Thank you, Denise and Jim for your warm welcome. Jean. (John).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank johnjohn_arnould
Crook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I have been here for Sunday dinner numerous times and couldn't possibly fault anything. The service, price and value are all excellent! Dinner is gorgeous. I will definitely continue to come here for Sunday dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lauren_B2309
durham, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've visited the foresters numerous times over the past year. The Sunday dinner is fab and too good value. I think they are robbing themselves. I cant think of a single negative except maybe I always have to have a pud too which isnt good for the waistline. Cant wait to go back again next week when there will be 11 of us. Yum!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank suzi81
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is excellent accommodation, the standard of the rooms is far above the tariff charged. We were served a substantial English breakfast with the eggs cooked to perfection, and they knew how to make a cup of tea. If you stay here and your disappointed then there is something wrong with you.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Longtimbers
Co.Durham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We have been regular visitors to the Forresters for a long time now,evening meals New years eve included Sunday lunch we were prebooked for every two weeks,we intoduced most of our friends to this place as we loved the food and atmosphere.There was many occasions we felt the service was not up to scratch,waiting a long time and no one came to let us know what was happenning, or appologise in any way.There was no organisation in who was booked first it was just luck who's order was taken first often people who came in after us orders were taken and we were ignored.The last straw was when we went for our Sunday lunch and the booking wasn't in the book so told the manageress, said how dissappointed I was,after a disscussion I was offered to eat in the bar to which I refused.My point was why wasn't the booking in the book after it was an arrangement and had been for many months.Bad management what a shame we loved the food and pleasant surroundings,sadly won't be back unfortunatly I dont think they were too bothered to lose our loyalty as a customer.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maz009
Ullswater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed two nights visiting family in the area. Everything at this guest house is great, hospitality is super and nothing is too much trouble for the hosts. I felt very welcome and the room was very comfortable, warm and the en-suite was spotless.
The food was outstanding in quality and tasted wonderfully fresh. The bar is snug and has a great atmosphere, serves a very good pint and plenty of choice of wines and spirits.
A true little gem of a place, I will be returning more than once.
Keep up the good work at The Foresters, very warm and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crook
Premier Inn Bishop Auckland Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
The Brown Horse Hotel
The Brown Horse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tow Law
BEST WESTERN Whitworth Hall Hotel
Dowfold House Bed & Breakfast
The Quarry Burn Guest House & Restaurant

Been to The Foresters Guest House? Share your experiences!